This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
beached yacht caleta

Yacht Beached at Caleta
Photo 

I am told it happened last night. Eight people were rescued by Guardia Civil and Policia Local.  It is on the breakwater between the La Isla and the other one that is unfinished.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

8 users say Thank You to Perrypower1 for this post
Reply Quote
Hope they can save it but doubt they can.
2 users say Thank You to Si Tie for this post
Reply Quote
What a shame. Do we know what was the cause?
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Saw the yacht is still stuck on the rocks this evening. Have there been any attempts to recover it?
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Maybe Weather conditions were not good at the time or Captain and crew having too much of a "jolly"?
2 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
(31-07-2019, 08:53 AM)Emmi Smith Wrote: ... Captain and crew having too much of a "jolly"?

This could be the reason, considering there was a party at the beach. Huh
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
There was nothing wrong with the Weather, a North Easterly circa 25/30 Knots, nothing unusual about that, best guess ia=s someone was not concentrating  Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
2 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
It has now been washed up at the walkway to La Isla:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

3 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
Here are the facts about said yacht.

In the early hours of Sunday morning at 3 am the yacht ran aground on the breakwater opposite the Sheraton, slightly north of the restaurant on the pier. The engine had failed and although they raised sail to try and save themselves there was not enough time or wind to do so. At the time the wind was 10 degrees north at 9 knots. Thankfully the crew of ten Russians managed to get off without injury.

This lovely double masted yacht was built in 1937 and has sailed many times around the globe and was their home. They have no insurance and now everyone is trying to get Money out of them, which they do not have, for every conceivable reason. The yacht is likely to be a total loss even though it is steel hulled and strong. It is a terrible loss for all concerned.

25 to 30 knots of wind? The highest wind speed recorded was 11 knots 360 N at 01.00 and dropped to 9.

These people have lost everything. Get your facts right before you start spreading unfounded rumours.
6 users say Thank You to Unregistered user for this post
Reply Quote
Welcome to the forum Truthsayer and thanks for the details. We do appreciate your time to put in together for us.

(31-07-2019, 08:32 PM)Unregistered user Wrote: ... 25 to 30 knots of wind? The highest wind speed recorded was 11 knots 360 N at 01.00 and dropped to 9 ...

I guess Johnrgby meant 25-30 km/h instead of knots. That's pretty much usual speed of the wind around here as well as the NE direction. 25 knots would be quite strong wind.

Can you explain why and how "everyone is trying to get Money out of them", please?
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yacht sailing from Corralejo Naturelover56 1 446 22-09-2023, 11:15 AM
Last Post: Naturelover56