This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
evicted finally squatter

Squatter finally evicted.
At last! After three unsuccessful weeks, I've finally caught the gecko that had taken up residence. When it was first spotted in the lounge, it was expected to remain there, no chance. It's been throughout the house including upstairs.
I was quite fearful of injuring it in the process, particularly not catching the very fragile tail. A clear glass pyrex mixing bowl and an A4 card to slide under once covered with the bowl did the job admirably. Released fully intact.
6 users say Thank You to milestone11 for this post
Reply Quote
Well done. I rather like them and don't mind them in the house - although I did take exception to one which decided to sit on the wall just above my bed!  He had to be safely removed before I retired for the night!
4 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
(25-05-2020, 08:50 PM)Emmi Smith Wrote: Well done. I rather like them and don't mind them in the house - although I did take exception to one which decided to sit on the wall just above my bed!  He had to be safely removed before I retired for the night!

The biggest concern was one of the cats catching it, thankfully they've been thwarted.
3 users say Thank You to milestone11 for this post
Reply Quote
I went into this thread very concerned!  Big Grin

Congrats on dealing with your unwelcome visitor so kindly. I absolutely love them, but they're not something you want to share a living space when they are wild. Three weeks is a long time to worry about finding a wild lizard about the house.
4 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
Housemates for three weeks and there's not a single photo attached  Huh  Big Grin  Big Grin  Big Grin

Thanks Milestone for sharing with us and catching the little guy in one piece Thumbs Up
I Heart Fuerteventura
3 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote