This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
water heaters expectancy life

life expectancy of water heaters
Great video beachlife, thanks 😁😁
2 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
(20-12-2019, 01:30 PM)Spitfire58 Wrote: Great video beachlife, thanks 😁😁

De nada.

Give it a go Ron if not on your present boiler on your next.

Personally I would think about solar heating for your hot water.  Yes, you payout at first for your future hot water but costs have worked out (for me anyway). I have never paid to heat hot water for the last 10 years. That includes all hot water used in the house plus in my hot tub. I put in a pipe that enabled me to put hot water direct from the tank into the hot tub when required so I never use the heater in the hot tub.

I note however that Valliant boilers (Honduras) are available on the island now & these should be longer-lasting as I believe they have either stainless steel or ceramic linings so anodes would last longer. However, the downside is they will be more expensive than the older type of boiler that was only available in the past.
3 users say Thank You to beachlife for this post
Reply Quote
(20-12-2019, 03:26 PM)beachlife Wrote: ...Personally I would think about solar heating for your hot water.  Yes, you payout at first for your future hot water but costs have worked out (for me anyway). I have never paid to heat hot water for the last 10 years. That includes all hot water used in the house plus in my hot tub...

Good for your wallet as well as the environment. 👍💚💰
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(20-12-2019, 03:26 PM)beachlife Wrote:
(20-12-2019, 01:30 PM)Spitfire58 Wrote: Great video beachlife, thanks 😁😁

De nada.

Give it a go Ron if not on your present boiler on your next.

Personally I would think about solar heating for your hot water.  Yes, you payout at first for your future hot water but costs have worked out (for me anyway). I have never paid to heat hot water for the last 10 years. That includes all hot water used in the house plus in my hot tub. I put in a pipe that enabled me to put hot water direct from the tank into the hot tub when required so I never use the heater in the hot tub.

I note however that Valliant boilers (Honduras) are available on the island now & these should be longer-lasting as I believe they have either stainless steel or ceramic linings so anodes would last longer. However, the downside is they will be more expensive than the older type of boiler that was only available in the past.

Yeah, I would like to do it but only out a few wks a year so far. Will deffo go for it when we winter out there. Had actually thought we might be able to a larger system in conjunction with our neighbour. Not sure how that would work though 🤔🤔
1 user says Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
(20-12-2019, 03:47 PM)Sam Wrote:
(20-12-2019, 03:26 PM)beachlife Wrote: ...Personally I would think about solar heating for your hot water.  Yes, you payout at first for your future hot water but costs have worked out (for me anyway). I have never paid to heat hot water for the last 10 years. That includes all hot water used in the house plus in my hot tub...

Good for your wallet as well as the environment. 👍💚💰

If you go for it over-engineer it especially if you are here for the winter. In the summer never a problem with the smaller installations to get enough sunlight to provide loads of hot water. However winter is different. I can survive 4 days at least with no sun without rationing hot water. As I figured that the sun usually appears sometime during a week even in winter on the rock. There have been a couple of times when I was close to putting the heater on for the solar tank but then the sun appears and normal service resumes. I have a large tank & 2 solar thermal panels. Not sure if it would be worthwhile sharing with a neighbour what happens if 1 of you uses more, be difficult if you do have to use electricity to work out shared cost, what happens if 1 person moves & the next people don`t want the system, would it affect property price, lots of concerns I would have with a shared system.
3 users say Thank You to beachlife for this post
Reply Quote