This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
above sea height level

Height above sea level
The Earthquake between GC and Fuerteventura yesterday got me thinking about tsunamis and our height above sea level  Big Grin 
Found this link which is great for finding height above sea level for anywhere on Fuerteventura, or anywhere else you might be!

https://www.maps.ie/coordinates.html

I'm at 151m so I'm feeling a bit safer now  Thumbs Up
Living my dream
4 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
(21-01-2019, 01:54 AM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: I'm at 151m so I'm feeling a bit safer now  Thumbs Up

According to the app, I'm only 25m above sea level!!!
3 users say Thank You to MLA for this post
Reply Quote
I am at 95 meters above so Johnrgby is probably 97 and Captain Sensible is probably 90.   I think we are all safe.
2 users say Thank You to Perrypower1 for this post
Reply Quote
25m - we're doomed I tell you, doomed.
2 users say Thank You to TrickyFox for this post
Reply Quote
Yes, I'm safe.  I've always had to explain to my daughter that she'd be OK while she slept, as she used to have bad dreams about it.
2 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
(21-01-2019, 07:48 AM)TrickyFox Wrote: 25m - we're doomed I tell you, doomed.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin  35m in Fuerteventura, 15m in the UK. Double doomed. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin 

I'm optimistic here. In the worst case scenario (which often never happens), the biggest waves will go towards Brazil. Tenerife will still take a massive hit but also shield Fuerteventura from the worst. ...happily ever after.

On the other hand, the tourism in Canaries as well as the economy will fall rapidly, making this much bigger disaster for many living on the islands. I guess we all will be sort of doomed in this scenario. Let's hope it won't be as bad as they predict. Fingers Crossed

I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(21-01-2019, 06:04 AM)MLA Wrote:
(21-01-2019, 01:54 AM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: I'm at 151m so I'm feeling a bit safer now  Thumbs Up

According to the app, I'm only 25m above sea level!!!

Spot on Perry, my Sat Nav shows us as at 315 Ft which is almost exactly 97 Metres,
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
At a mere 8m above sea level, I abandon all hope and must find that will writing kit!!!

We're doomed Mr. Mainwaring, we're doomed!!!

Tom .
2 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Just checked our uk level: 5m!!! Should I be worried?
2 users say Thank You to MLA for this post
Reply Quote
(21-01-2019, 10:45 AM)MLA Wrote: Just checked our uk level: 5m!!! Should I be worried?

YES!

I know a guy down here called Noah, do you want me to send him up Smile Smile
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fuerteventura - self sufficiency at energy & food level? TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 2,101 26-06-2022, 09:24 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya