This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
can where my get sim phone

Where can I get a new sim for my phone?
My phone (a work phone) will not allow expensive calls.  This means I cannot make international calls on it.
If I change the Sim card for a Spainish mobile I assume I will be able to make calls on the island.  question is where can
I get a Simm and how much etc,  thanks in advance
2 users say Thank You to Si Tie for this post
Reply Quote
Need to know where you are first to advise Si Tie 😁😁
2 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
We use a company called Teikom on the mainland, costs circa 22.5€  all calls to Spanish numbers are free and 300 mins of calls to the UK, I think the 300 Mins can be used for other countries as well but not sure which ones.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
4 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
I use HITS mobile, also based on the mainland. 16.94€ per month which includes 1000 minutes free to UK and 12GB data. Shows as higher cost on the website but if you phone to join up remind them you are in Canaries and you get a lower cost (lower tax).

https://www.hitsmobile.es/en/

Lots of different packages available from them.

They sent our SIMS through the post, arrived within a couple of days.
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
You probably already know this, but a general pointer for these situations: Make sure that your phone is not locked to the network it was purchased on. 

If it was bought through work, there's a good chance it was on contract and might still be locked to SIMs from Vodafone/EE/whatever. However, depending on how long you've had the device, the network might be prepared to give you the unlock code if you go to customer support. 

If you're not 100% that it's unlocked, you should try with a different network SIM from the UK before buying anything.
4 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
(08-12-2019, 07:39 PM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: I use HITS mobile, also based on the mainland. 16.94€ per month which includes 1000 minutes free to UK and 12GB data...

12GB plus 1k mins to the UK for 17€ isn't bad at all.
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(08-12-2019, 09:39 PM)Ducks Wrote: ...If it was bought through work, there's a good chance it was on contract and might still be locked to SIMs from Vodafone/EE/whatever...

Phones on contract in the UK are not getting blocked any more. At least my case in the past few years. It's the PAYG ones that usually get the simlock. The situation in Spain could be completely different, of course.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Another option is a basic pay as you go Spanish phone. About 30 euros for phone and sim (from Orange), depends what you need it for.
Life is short.....Be kind to one another  Smile
2 users say Thank You to classic for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Buying a New Phone Sir Real 6 3,007 21-04-2022, 07:15 AM
Last Post: Johnrgby
  Phone calls to UK 14yew 3 5,496 17-01-2019, 10:31 PM
Last Post: Sam