This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
points where interest find

Points of interest - where to find
Hope I'm not the only one who sometimes watch a video of Fuerteventura and realise "Never been there before". Fuerteventura is the second biggest island in the archipelago so there are always some new things even for old-timers like the "recently discovered" Labyrinth near El Cotillo.

Anyway I though a thread where we can help each other to find some less known points of iterrest would be handy.

Here's my request:
I just saw video with a lighthouse that we never visited before and would like to change it in the near future. I'm sure somebody from Cotillo or Corralejo will point me in the right direction.  Fingers Crossed

Thank you very much Smile
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Looks like the one on Lobos that we saw today! (I'll do a section in the photo gallery soon and a report in the general discussion.)
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Yes, it's the one on Lobos at the NE end.
2 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
Yep, Faro de Martiño. Weird as I was expecting the lighthouse to be West of Corralejo for some reason.
Thank you both for pointing me to the right direction. We did explore Lobos but didn't manage to go this far from the harbour as I spent most of the time in the water. It looks like we'll have to go back again.
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
What's about this one? I don't thing we've ever been there before.

The whole video is in the Drone Films.
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
Record is getting stuck Sam! You really need to get over to Lobos again  Big Grin  or take a look at satellite image on Google maps.
Living my dream
1 user says Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks Tamara. We do really need to go back. As I've mentioned in the Lobos limits thread, the biggest experience for me was actually the swim in the ocean before the actual visit.
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
OK, I have another one.

Beach with a timber staircase.

Saw it in this video at 1:36 and again at 1:42. It looks like south of El Cotillo but I can't remember seeing any beach like that before. I guess it could be anywhere at the west side of Fuerteventura. Hope it's not Lobos, AGAIN! Fingers Crossed Big Grin
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
Bit difficult to be absolutely correct as there are only two very short shots of the beach, but I think it is the beach of 100 steps, just south west of Cotillo.  Unfortunately, the steps are damaged and it is impossible (or very dangerous) to get down to the beach. 

Tom.
1 user says Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
(05-02-2019, 09:40 PM)Cotillo_Tom Wrote: Bit difficult to be absolutely correct as there are only two very short shots of the beach, but I think it is the beach of 100 steps, just south west of Cotillo.  Unfortunately, the steps are damaged and it is impossible (or very dangerous) to get down to the beach. 

Tom.

Thanks Tom but this definitely isn't the steps beach. The 100 steps are made of concrete instead of timber that is in the video.
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote