This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
cancelled ryanair flight

Ryanair flight cancelled
Ryanair flight cancelled for 1st of May from Fuerteventura, getting more difficult to get flights back to the UK.

Have you got any information about any flights to the UK from any of the other Islands for travel in May? 

Many thanks
3 users say Thank You to tigga1958 for this post
Reply Quote
(09-04-2021, 09:50 AM)tigga1958 Wrote: Ryanair flight cancelled for 1st of May from Fuerteventura, getting more difficult to get flights back to the UK.

Have you got any information about any flights to the UK from any of the other Islands for travel in May? 

Many thanks

Not sure about the other islands, however if you are desperate to get back to the UK there is the daily Iberia Express flight Fuerteventura to Madrid and then the BA flight to Heathrow.
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
3 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
(09-04-2021, 09:50 AM)tigga1958 Wrote: Ryanair flight cancelled for 1st of May from Fuerteventura, getting more difficult to get flights back to the UK.

Many thanks

Ryanair still seem to be doing flights to Gran Canaria in Saturdays in May— only Saturdays, despite showing the other days as also available. Other dates become available from May, but might be cancelled later. Flights between Fuerte and Ireland have been cancelled until mid-May, and I wouldn't be surprised if those got axed later as the March and April flights did. Flights between London and Lanza seem to be operating largely as normal.
3 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
Currently in UK,  I have my residency approved and need to get back to Fuerteventura to complete my residency process (fingerprints and photo-ID) before the 30-day deadline. I have already had one flight cancelled and brought my return flight forward to ensure i could get back in time. I have re-booked FR 8132 (Ryanair) which lands in Gran Canaria on Saturday 1st May 2021 but I am concerned that this flight may also be cancelled because it has not flown to Fuerteventura since 20th February 2021, including no flight today either. At this stage, i think i need a plan B and the Iberia flight from Heathrow to Fuerteventura via Madrid seems to my best guaranteed option. Has there been any up-dates on direct flights from UK or is the non-direct route from UK the best option in these uncertain times?
1 user says Thank You to roclite for this post
Reply Quote
Go via Madrid for safety.  Airlines are cancelling flights all over the place and will continue to do so until the UK Government make an announcement on the 17 May.  

Tom.
2 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Update: The Ryanair Stansted-Gran Canaria flight went ahead as scheduled on Saturday 1st May. I then had to wait 5.5 hours for next flight to Fuerteventura with Canaryfly, which at 78 euros was not particularly cheap. On the plus side, my spanish neighbour collected me and bike up from the airport.

I returned home to El Time to find i had no water and no mobile signal. The lack of water is a recurring issue that i need to fix, as there was no water deposit fitted at the property so i suffer from frequent water cuts. However, the lack of mobile signal was a surprise and i have since discovered that PLUSNET have significantly reduced their MNVO coverage in Spain/Canary Islands and i no longer get any signal coverage at the house, a service that had worked perfectly since i first arrived in August last year... time for a new mobile contract, i think Rolleyes
1 user says Thank You to roclite for this post
Reply Quote
(07-05-2021, 01:16 PM)roclite Wrote: Update: The Ryanair Stansted-Gran Canaria flight went ahead as scheduled on Saturday 1st May. I then had to wait 5.5 hours for next flight to Fuerteventura with Canaryfly, which at 78 euros was not particularly cheap. On the plus side, my spanish neighbour collected me and bike up from the airport.

I returned home to El Time to find i had no water and no mobile signal. The lack of water is a recurring issue that i need to fix, as there was no water deposit fitted at the property so i suffer from frequent water cuts. However, the lack of mobile signal was a surprise and i have since discovered that PLUSNET   have significantly reduced their MNVO coverage in Spain/Canary Islands and i no longer get any signal coverage at the house, a service that had worked perfectly since i first arrived in August last year... time for a new mobile contract, i think Rolleyes

What a nightmare! Glad you got back safely. I find the coverage reduction to be puzzling— most companies are actively trying to increase this. Might it be a temporary cost-saving solution because there are so few tourists on the island? Hopefully you will be able to find an alternative or things will improve again towards the end of May when tourism picks up again.
2 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks Ducks, might be going slightly off-topic here but cannot fault Plusnet customer service, they have gone above and beyond to try to help. Apparently, some UK  customers have fallen foul of the EU roaming "fair usage" policy which limits your roaming internet usage to just below 50% of your normal package allowance over 4 consequtive months, one to think about if you continue to use a UK-based mobile provider whilst living in Spain, even on unlimited data/calls packages.
3 users say Thank You to roclite for this post
Reply Quote
(10-05-2021, 10:14 AM)roclite Wrote: Thanks Ducks, might be going slightly off-topic here but cannot fault Plusnet customer service, they have gone above and beyond to try to help. Apparently, some UK  customers have fallen foul of the EU roaming "fair usage" policy which limits your roaming internet usage to just below 50% of your normal package allowance  over 4 consequtive months, one to think about if you continue to use a UK-based mobile provider whilst living in Spain, even on unlimited data/calls packages.

What's 50% of infinity?  Big Grin

The small print on these stupid things is so annoying. If they'd be upfront with people about the limitations and how strictly they are applied, it would be so much better.
1 user says Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ryanair - cancelled flights Nov/Dec 2019 Peter Regan 25 10,994 15-09-2019, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Derry
  Passengers cheer as drunk woman is dragged off Ryanair flight to Fuerteventura Decho 10 9,259 13-04-2019, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Rasputin