This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
rule schengen passport

Schengen passport rule
A key factor is you have to be travelling together.
If the non eu citizen is travelling alone then that person reverts to being a 3rd country citizen.
One of the problems seems to be the policia at the "british" section they really don't know the rules and assume we are all holiday makers.

BUT in their defence the whole system is very confusing and the withdrawal agreement doesn't help.
We have to remember that the UK is not the only 3rd world country and we are not being picked on.(Plus there are "jobs worth" in any authoritarian organisation)

Fingers crossed when the machines are working it might be better.
1 user says Thank You to DavidP for this post
Reply Quote
A key factor is you have to be travelling together.
If the non eu citizen is travelling alone then that person reverts to being a 3rd country citizen.
One of the problems seems to be the policia at the "british" section they really don't know the rules and assume we are all holiday makers.

BUT in their defence the whole system is very confusing and the withdrawal agreement doesn't help.
We have to remember that the UK is not the only 3rd world country and we are not being picked on.(Plus there are "jobs worth" in any authoritarian organisation)

Fingers crossed when the machines are working it might be better.
1 user says Thank You to DavidP for this post
Reply Quote
Sorry to disappoint you David, but I doubt the E-Gates will ever operate on Gates 1 to 4 as the opportunity to stamp the passport also would also disappear. The way it has been laid out means you either go to the E-gate or the Police box and I just can't see that they will give up stamping passports.

I do hope I am wrong, but if I am, they need to do quite a bit of work rearranging the E-gates or Police Bix.

Tom.
1 user says Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
(30-01-2024, 12:08 PM)Cotillo_Tom Wrote: Sorry to disappoint you David, but I doubt the E-Gates will ever operate on Gates 1 to 4 as the opportunity to stamp the passport also would also disappear.  The way it has been laid out means you either go to the E-gate or the Police box and I just can't see that they will give up stamping passports.

I do hope I am wrong, but if I am, they need to do quite a bit of work rearranging the E-gates or Police Bix.

Tom.

You could well be right Tom especially as Fuerteventura seems to often lag behind mainland Spain with changes to EU rules.

The real game change will be Etias

https://etias.com/etias-requirements/eti...sh-citizen

Etias should get rid of stamping passports. EU & non-EU passport holders will be able to use Electronic gates. So the only people who need a stamp will be those who have old passports that don`t have a chip.

If you read the link it states that one of the advantages of Etias is that it should be faster to pass through passport control. So I would assume that almost everyone will just go through the e-gates as the non-EU passport holders should have an Etias visa connected to their passport or they will be rejected for entry.

I am optimistic that for once Fuerteventura has been proactive in installing the E gates. The Etias was planned to be up & running years ago but has been delayed due to the software & political reasons. Plus if they don`t use the Egates on the planned date of November 2024 then I am sure that the EU will make sure they do, as all the data will be required for the Etias system to reject people over their 90/180 days in other Schengen countries. This is why I am confused at the moment there seems no way of the 90/180 rule collecting the data for my problem of travelling with an EU passport with a wife who has a non-EU passport. At the moment it seems I will have to keep all flight tickets for both my wife & myself until November to make sure my wife's allowance on the rule is not added to her personal allowance.
3 users say Thank You to beachlife for this post
Reply Quote
The EU has changed the link for Etias which I posted.

Information can be found now at this link. https://etias.com/etias-requirements/

Good news for those who are EU passport holders who have a non-EU partner.

A €7 fee is required to process the ETIAS application. This can be paid using a variety of online payment options.

The following are exempt from this fee:

Applicants under the age of 18
Applicants over the age of 70
Family members of EU citizens
Family members of non-EU nationals who have the right to move freely throughout EU countries

This seems to clarify that non-EU passport holders who are travelling with a partner who is an EU passport holder will be exempt from the 90/180-day rule.

The date for ETIAS has changed again. It was due to be November 2024. It has now been moved now to mid 2025.
5 users say Thank You to beachlife for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Passport Stamps Sir Real 3 1,164 10-06-2023, 07:11 AM
Last Post: windermeregolfer
  Passport Control bookman451 18 8,586 01-09-2022, 11:11 AM
Last Post: DavidP