This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
movement state emergency freedom limited

State of emergency - Limited freedom of movement
Monday 14th March 2020 marks two years since the State of Emergency was declared in all of Spain. The lockdown officially came into force at midnight on the 14th, eg the first minute of the 15th, but in Cotillo, the Civil Gardia started enforcing lockdown from around 9pm on the Saturday evening.  The following morning, Civil Guard, Police and soldiers started patrolling Streets and you needed a very good reason to be out of your home, 9r else. 

That first day I needed to get petrol in Corralejo (the tank was almost empty), I was stopped FIVE times (3 times by the same soldier, who was actually embarrassed the third time he stopped me!).

Ah, yes, I remember it well.
2 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
(13-03-2022, 08:59 PM)Can the Man Wrote: Great news to see a downward movement

Totally agree Can, but I honestly believe the alert level have become outdated and farcical, as The Captain, said they moved the goalposts within level 3 last week so moving down a level is virtually irrelevant.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
2 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
On Thursday the Canarian Government will lift nearly all local restictions. Full details will be announced on Thursday.

The entry requirements to Spain and the rules about mask wearing are national restrictions, and will still be in place.
2 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote