Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum. This is just a reminder of mandatory masks almost everywhere on the island.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
itv 4x4

4x4 ITV
Someone told me that a 4x4 car over 10 years old needs to have an ITV every 6 months.
Does anyone know if this is correct please?
2 users say Thank You to TrickyFox for this post
Reply Quote
Yes it is, a mate of mine bought one 2/3 weeks ago took it for an ITV and was told it would be due again in February
Do not take life to seriously no one gets out alive anyway 
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
(13-09-2019, 10:49 AM)Johnrgby Wrote: Yes it is, a mate of mine bought one 2/3 weeks ago took it for an ITV and was told it would be due again in February

Not according to this - https://itvmatorral.com/services/frequency/?lang=en
3 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
(13-09-2019, 11:23 AM)Captain Sensible Wrote:
(13-09-2019, 10:49 AM)Johnrgby Wrote: Yes it is, a mate of mine bought one 2/3 weeks ago took it for an ITV and was told it would be due again in February

Not according to this - https://itvmatorral.com/services/frequency/?lang=en

No specific mention of 4x4 Stephen, but only freight vehicles and public transport appear need bi-annual tests.
2 users say Thank You to TrickyFox for this post
Reply Quote
I will check with him this evening, but I know that id what he was told.
Do not take life to seriously no one gets out alive anyway 
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
My 4 x 4 is 14 years old and I take it to El Matorral ITV station -  once a year. Nobody has said anything different to me.
3 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
I always though it's once a year (in the whole Spain) if the vehicle is older than 10 years. Vehicle being 4x4 shouldn't be any different IMHO.

(13-09-2019, 12:55 PM)Emmi Smith Wrote: My 4 x 4 is 14 years old and I take it to El Matorral ITV station -  once a year. Nobody has said anything different to me.

Could they be scared?  Big Grin  Tongue  Big Grin

...I'll get my coat.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(13-09-2019, 09:13 AM)TrickyFox Wrote: Someone told me that a 4x4 car over 10 years old needs to have an ITV every 6 months.
Does anyone know if this is correct please?

Found it here: https://itv.com.es/cuando-me-toca-pasar-la-itv

Quote:Los turismos particulares de menos de cuatro años están exentos, de cuatro a diez años cada dos años será la revisión y a partir de diez años, tendremos visita cada año.

Google Translate: Private cars of less than four years are exempt, from four to ten years (old) every two years will be the review and from (over) ten years(old) , we will have visit every year.

It says private cars, no mention of 4x4 doing an extra visit.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Just had out 11 year old 4x4 done, and it was renewed for 12 months
2 users say Thank You to Pho for this post
Reply Quote
Sam said  ; Could they be scared?  [Image: biggrin.png]  [Image: tongue.png] 

Well I can be feisty, but I rather think it is more to do with my nice smile!  haha
2 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote