This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
itv 4x4

4x4 ITV
Someone told me that a 4x4 car over 10 years old needs to have an ITV every 6 months.
Does anyone know if this is correct please?
2 users say Thank You to TrickyFox for this post
Reply Quote
Yes it is, a mate of mine bought one 2/3 weeks ago took it for an ITV and was told it would be due again in February
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
(13-09-2019, 10:49 AM)Johnrgby Wrote: Yes it is, a mate of mine bought one 2/3 weeks ago took it for an ITV and was told it would be due again in February

Not according to this - https://itvmatorral.com/services/frequency/?lang=en
3 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
(13-09-2019, 11:23 AM)Captain Sensible Wrote:
(13-09-2019, 10:49 AM)Johnrgby Wrote: Yes it is, a mate of mine bought one 2/3 weeks ago took it for an ITV and was told it would be due again in February

Not according to this - https://itvmatorral.com/services/frequency/?lang=en

No specific mention of 4x4 Stephen, but only freight vehicles and public transport appear need bi-annual tests.
2 users say Thank You to TrickyFox for this post
Reply Quote
I will check with him this evening, but I know that id what he was told.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
My 4 x 4 is 14 years old and I take it to El Matorral ITV station -  once a year. Nobody has said anything different to me.
3 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
I always though it's once a year (in the whole Spain) if the vehicle is older than 10 years. Vehicle being 4x4 shouldn't be any different IMHO.

(13-09-2019, 12:55 PM)Emmi Smith Wrote: My 4 x 4 is 14 years old and I take it to El Matorral ITV station -  once a year. Nobody has said anything different to me.

Could they be scared?  Big Grin  Tongue  Big Grin

...I'll get my coat.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(13-09-2019, 09:13 AM)TrickyFox Wrote: Someone told me that a 4x4 car over 10 years old needs to have an ITV every 6 months.
Does anyone know if this is correct please?

Found it here: https://itv.com.es/cuando-me-toca-pasar-la-itv

Quote:Los turismos particulares de menos de cuatro años están exentos, de cuatro a diez años cada dos años será la revisión y a partir de diez años, tendremos visita cada año.

Google Translate: Private cars of less than four years are exempt, from four to ten years (old) every two years will be the review and from (over) ten years(old) , we will have visit every year.

It says private cars, no mention of 4x4 doing an extra visit.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Just had out 11 year old 4x4 done, and it was renewed for 12 months
2 users say Thank You to Pho for this post
Reply Quote
Sam said  ; Could they be scared?  [Image: biggrin.png]  [Image: tongue.png] 

Well I can be feisty, but I rather think it is more to do with my nice smile!  haha
2 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote