This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
banca closing march branch

Banca March closing branch
Banca March is closing their Morro Jable branch. Now they only have one in Puerto Rosario, I believe.
Problem for us is cash withdrawals are generally chargeable at other ATM's and their monthly service charge now sits at €7.99.
I think it is now time to change.
Any recommendations? Thanks
1 user says Thank You to Archer for this post
Reply Quote
(17-01-2019, 09:15 PM)Archer Wrote: ... Any recommendations? Thanks

Sabadell. The monthly fee is similar (20 something every three months) but that's with every single bank on the island. Unless you are willing to transfer into the account 600-700 euro monthly. Online Banking is in English, no complaints at all over the years.... Except the fees we pay them for keeping our Money.
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
I've been with Solbank (Sabadell) for 15 years.  I've got an Expansion Account so all Banking is free as I pay in at least 700€ a month.

The staff in Caleta are always friendly.  

It did the action of a lawyer for them to pay back the Money that was owed to me under their illegal floor clause.
3 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
(17-01-2019, 09:34 PM)Captain Sensible Wrote: I've been with Solbank (Sabadell) for 15 years.  I've got an Expansion Account so all banking is free as I pay in at least 700€ a month.

The staff in Caleta are always friendly.  

It did the action of a lawyer for them to pay back the money that was owed to me under their illegal floor clause.

I second this we too have an expansion account fee-free as long as you pay in what I thought was 600€, but I will bow to CS is greater Knowledge, the only issues we have had with them is they charge something like 23€ a year if you have Two cards, despite it being a joint account, and a month or two back they had an issue with their ATM outside the branch in Atlantico it paid out 130€ instead of the requested 200€, and snatched the card no real issue it took them a week to refund the cash told us it would take 10 working days to replace the card, in fact, it took 5 but then made some charge for replacing the card somewhere between 5/10€ I think, which I moaned about and that was repaid yesterday, and in December I went in to Internet Banking and found a note on the top of my account saying " A direct Debit is becoming due and there are insufficient funds to cover it please remedy the situation" there was 2999€ plus in the account and my biggest DD in the year is circa 600€ which had been paid in July but all in all they are very good. And I would recommend them
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
We bank with BBVA. Basically it is an online account and there are no charges whatsoever (we are residents). You can open an account online, there is the option for English. The branches on the island (as far as I am aware) are Morro Jable, Gran Tarajal, PDR and Corralejo.
This is our 3rd bank. We had issues with Sabadell, mainly I think as we were non-resident at the time. Cost us €100 in about 6 months. Went to La Caixa and they charged €12 a quarter so ditched them. Happy with BBVA.
2 users say Thank You to TrickyFox for this post
Reply Quote
We have had Caixia account (non resident) for a few years. No problems with it tbh, apart from the 96€ a year charges which is standard for non resident accounts. Only issue I have is that most things that need done have to be in person, in branch to sign the wee screen. Not very handy for someone who is obviously “non resident” !!  Big Grin Big Grin
2 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UK banks closing accounts for expats ? Emmi Smith 9 6,163 24-09-2020, 09:22 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  Where to find Banca March ATM Sam 6 8,418 21-01-2020, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Sam