This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
las province palmas best schools

Best schools in Las Palmas province
Noticias:

No majorero schools among the 50 best in the province of Las Palmas.

46 of the best schools are located in Gran Canaria and 4 in Lanzarote.

Not a single majorero school among the 50 best in the province of Las Palmas. It is the result of a list of educational centers made by the micole.net portal and whose information was echoed by the newspaper La Provincia. Of the fifty schools, 46 of them are in Gran Canaria and four in Lanzarote.

La Maxorata has 63 educational centers of the 1,315 throughout the Canary Islands, among which the Sacred Heart School or the CEIP Agustín Millares stand out. However, Fuerteventura does not have representation in that ranking in which 74% is located in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. The concerted centers stand out with 21 of the 50 compared to 32% that are private and 21% public.

The criteria for choosing the best schools are automatically generated by the school's impressions and traffic on the platform, as well as the quality of the school's reviews on Google Places.
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Quote:The criteria for choosing the best schools are automatically generated by the school's impressions and traffic on the platform, as well as the quality of the school's reviews on Google Places.

I don't have a horse in this race, but I feel like a better metric might be exam scores or university admissions?
3 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
(27-01-2023, 10:00 PM)Ducks Wrote:
Quote:The criteria for choosing the best schools are automatically generated by the school's impressions and traffic on the platform, as well as the quality of the school's reviews on Google Places.

I don't have a horse in this race, but I feel like a better metric might be exam scores or university admissions?

I agree Ducks. As a qualified teacher, and having worked in schools on Fuerteventura, the results are worthless.
4 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Schools and language barriers Scarlett88 4 2,412 12-10-2020, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Captain Sensible