Hi , just a reminder of mandatory masks almost everywhere. Stay safe.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
caleta taxis number change

Caleta Taxis number change?
Was at Mercadona the other day and tried to call for a taxi when I had too much stuff to carry back home. No one answered the number, so I googled and got a different number for the same company. Tried that, and it disconnected. Went back into the shop and asked them to call one, and there was one outside the door in —no joke— 90 seconds. 

Do they have a new number? The one I had been using for years was 136-004. The one google gives me is 166-510. Are either of these still working, or does anyone have a new number if there is one?
1 user says Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
Number I have on a card given by taxi driver ages ago is 928 16 30 04
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
1 user says Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
(21-11-2020, 07:47 AM)windermeregolfer Wrote: Number I have on a card given by taxi driver ages ago is 928 16 30 04

That's the one I've always used, and given to other people. I didn't know about Duck's numbers.
2 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
(21-11-2020, 08:04 AM)Captain Sensible Wrote:
(21-11-2020, 07:47 AM)windermeregolfer Wrote: Number I have on a card given by taxi driver ages ago is 928 16 30 04

That's the one I've always used, and given to other people. I didn't know about Duck's numbers.

That is also the number I have, I do know there was another number circulating a month or so back, 928541257 that was causing a bit of confusion in The Bar I use, but that turned out to be Rosario Taxi,s, but do not recognise the one Ducks is/was using
Do not confuse my personality with my attitude my personality is down to me, but my attitude depends on you!
2 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
That's because I'm an idiot who made a typo.  Big Grin 

I have been using the 163-004 (163, not 136) number like the rest of you, but had no joy with it this time... And that was not a typo because it's saved in my phone and always worked before!
Reply Quote
I have just called that number and got the Message " We are sorry this number is not available at the moment" make of it what you wish.
Do not confuse my personality with my attitude my personality is down to me, but my attitude depends on you!
1 user says Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
(21-11-2020, 02:32 PM)Johnrgby Wrote: I have just called that number and got the Message " We are sorry this number is not available at the moment" make of it what you wish.

That fits with my experience. Yet I know the shops are able to reach them somehow...

Next person who takes a taxi run, do us all a a favour and ask if they have a new number?  Big Grin
Reply Quote
(21-11-2020, 04:36 PM)Ducks Wrote:
(21-11-2020, 02:32 PM)Johnrgby Wrote: I have just called that number and got the Message " We are sorry this number is not available at the moment" make of it what you wish.

That fits with my experience. Yet I know the shops are able to reach them somehow...

Next person who takes a taxi run, do us all a a favour and ask if they have a new number?  Big Grin

I would have thought that Mercadonna has some Drivers numbers that they call, and do not use the office numbers, I used to have one until he retired 5/8 months back.
1 user says Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
(21-11-2020, 05:01 PM)Johnrgby Wrote: I would have thought that Mercadonna has some Drivers numbers that they call, and do not use the office numbers, I used to have one until he retired 5/8 months back.

Actually, that's very possible, but in the pre-COVID days before I got the hang of speaking to them on the phone, we used to get them to ring for us every week. Always a different person, though obviously things may be different now.

The sheer speed of the driver's arrival was what impressed me. If they do have a particular person they call, they must be parked up behind IKEA— or at the bus station, at the absolute furthest. Nobody could have gotten from the rank in town in the time it took that taxi to show unless they were driving the Enterprise.
2 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote