This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
corralejo salud centro

Centro de Salud, Corralejo
I had an appointment yesterday at Corralejo Centro de Salud, upstairs in the newly extended area. All very smart and clean, loads of new consulting rooms but I had to peer around a lot of corners to find the room number I needed - no main signage up there. The new staircase wasn't operational. New loos up this end as well. The downstairs loos are accessible again - they were closed off for a while during the works. Main reception wasn't open - a lady sat at the front door with all the appointment sheets on a little folding table, ticking off names as people arrived.
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Radio Sintonia:

The Health Center of Corralejo implements the protocol of direct referral to Physiotherapy from Primary Care Medicine.

The Health Area of Fuerteventura, attached to the Ministry of Health of the Government of theCanary Islands, launched last week the protocol of direct referral to Physiotherapy from Primary Care Medicine.

This protocol was implemented at the Morro Jable Health Center in February 2020, continuing at the Gran Tarajal Health Center in August of that same year.

This service allows medical staff to refer directly to the Physiotherapy service of the Corralejo Health Center certain patients who require physiotherapy, with those with pathologies such as cervicalgia or mechanical low back pain, shoulder tendinopathies, ankle sprains, plantar fasciitis or pelvic floor problems of low complexity. The objective is to reduce waiting times for the start of physiotherapy treatment, pharmaceutical and diagnostic test expenditure, as well as specialized waiting lists.

The results obtained in the centers where it has been implemented indicate a high degree of efficiency and satisfaction, both on the part of patients and the professionals who assist them.

Within the same direct referral plan, it is contemplated to continue expanding this service to the central area of the island, in order to achieve equity among all patients in Fuerteventura, being able to benefit from this service.

The director of the Health Area of Fuerteventura, Sandra Celis, is pleased to continue expanding this service on the island. "With the implementation of direct referral, we managed to reduce the waiting list, as well as strengthen services in Primary Care," says Celis.
At the same time, the manager of the Health Services, José Luis Rodríguez, comments that "Fuerteventura has been a pioneer in the implementation of this direct referral service in physiotherapy, a model that has been implemented in other Health Areas, given its magnificent results".
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Centro Salud 2 in PDR TamaraEnLaPlaya 5 4,588 01-04-2023, 08:23 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya