This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
legal against action taking civil authority aviation ryanair

Civil Aviation Authority taking legal action against Ryanair
I'm sure everyone in the UK can remember the strikes over the summer by Ryanair pilots and cabin crew. Guess what? Ryanair decided not to pay the compensation that people are entitled to under EU law. Ryanair simply argues the strike action amounts to "extraordinary circumstances" and that therefore, it does not have to pay.
Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) can see this issue a bit different and is taking legal action against Ryanair over its refusal to compensate thousands of UK-based passengers.

According to the CAA, under EU legislation, passengers are allowed to make an EU261 claim when flights are delayed by three hours or more, cancelled or when they are denied boarding.

Ryanair spokesperson responded to this announcement: "Courts in Germany, Spain and Italy have already ruled that strikes are an 'exceptional circumstance' and EU261 compensation does not apply. We expect the UK CAA and courts will follow this precedent."

I still hope that all the hard working families stranded at the airports will get the compensation because there were so many unlucky people who never had a chance to enjoy their only holiday of the year. The delays were caused by its own staff striking, Ryanair should be responsible, IMHO.
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Ah, bloody hell, that's nonsense. I have always been a supporter of RA and their low-cost, option-based model, but this is a ridiculous. 

The legislation exists to protect customers when the airlines fail to provide the services those customers depend on. If people get to their destinations massively late or not at all because of things within the airline's control, that's the airline's fault and they should have to pay.

I don't mind having to pay to sit next to the rest of my party, I do mind being left stranded in an airport. 

Bad form from Ryanair.
1 user says Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
Ryanair-again-20181205180248?fbclid=IwAR1OX2eCoNUpq.gif" />

wNYyR5e3YBSv1etHBQt1KzWmHbxg3syKrfrqQz2Hl4

Reply Quote
(05-12-2018, 05:09 PM)fatherted Wrote: https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/busi...1205180248

Quite funny "news" but I'm afraid Ryanair might come up with something similar  Big Grin  Big Grin  Big Grin  For anyone who never had visited The Daily Mash before, it's just parody news topics, don't take them seriously, please.  Wink
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote