This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
january public cotillo monday service bus meeting

El Cotillo Bus Service Public Meeting Monday 14 January
El Cotillo Bus Service Public Meeting Monday 14 January

2 users say Thank You to MLA for this post
Reply Quote
How good/bad is the bus service these days? In all these years I honestly have never seen a single bus in El Cotillo.
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
The service is really good, and very punctual. Lets hope they don't change it for the worse.
1 user says Thank You to MLA for this post
Reply Quote
Hi MLA, Unfortunately, I can't attend the meeting. If you are attending, can you post a brief outline of the meeting please . 

TIA

Tom
1 user says Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
(13-01-2019, 10:14 PM)Cotillo_Tom Wrote: Hi MLA, Unfortunately, I can't attend the meeting. If you are attending, can you post a brief outline of the meeting please . 

TIA

Tom

Morning Tom

I will feedback what I can. Are you still on the island?
1 user says Thank You to MLA for this post
Reply Quote
We attended the El Cotillo bus meeting on Monday, which had about 25 to 30 locals and us. Couldn't understand what the meeting was about, but have recorded some of it for those who understand Spanish. No doubt something will appear in due course explaining what was discussed. Unfortunately the volume is quite variable. 

3 users say Thank You to MLA for this post
Reply Quote
(12-01-2019, 02:28 PM)Sam Wrote: How good/bad is the bus service these days? In all these years I honestly have never seen a single bus in El Cotillo.

The problem which I have observed is to be that the 10:00 and 11:00 departures from Corralejo tend to fill up with holidaymakers so that the locals can't get back to lunch if they have nipped in to do a bit of shopping.
JOhn

Do not do unto others as you would that they should do unto you. Their tastes may not be the same.
George Bernard Shaw, Maxims for Revolutionaries
2 users say Thank You to the_jg for this post
Reply Quote
We have just spoken to the receptionist at the Cotillo Beach Hotel who attended the meeting on Monday. She told us that the meeting was about the bus drivers not stopping at the bus stop next to the hotel. The drivers claim that there is not enough time to include that stop on their route, and also that there are often parked cars that make it difficult to get around. She also said that she left before the end of the meeting, as in her opinion, there was no point in staying, as the drivers had already made the decision not to include the hotel stop. She didn't understand why the drivers decide where to stop and not follow the route that they are paid to drive. She said it would be like her locking the doors to the hotel, if she was too busy doing other things. 

She is collecting signatures which need to be accompanied with either a passport number or NIE number. The paper with signatures is behind the desk at reception, if anyone wanted to sign.
5 users say Thank You to MLA for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bus service to be free from 2023! TamaraEnLaPlaya 15 3,426 09-01-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya