This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
notification facebook notiication pop irritating

FACEBOOK IRRITATING NOTIFICATION POP UP
Help please.  On Facebook,I get very irritating pop up notification windows on the left bottom of my screen.  These are in addition to the facebook alerts on the top right hand side of screen, which is  what I want only.

I have Googled, You Tubed etc.  tried to disable   them in my settings, but nothing gets rid of them. I am using an Apple MacBook if that helps.

There must be a solution, but I am blowed if I can find it.  Trouble is that when they popup( and they do frequently) they obscure part of what I am trying to read at the time.  Yes, they can be clicked away, but I JUST DON'T WANT THEM!!!!!
Reply Quote
Do you visit FaceBook by an Apple app or through your browser (Safari?). If you are using a browser, Mozilla Firefox (which can be installed on a Mac) has an add-on, at least it does in Windows, called Firefox Container which stops most of the crap that FB feeds you

Also I have been religiously reporting ANY and ALL adverts on Facebook as "Offensive" (the thought that I would buy anything as a result of a Facebook ad is offensive to me) which may be why I am not seeing any ad, pop-up etc.
1 user says Thank You to hairybiker for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks for your reply. The pop up windows are not advertisemnts, they are notification of posts on other FaceBook groups to which I belong.  They are unnecessary as I get alerts anyway from the alert icon at the top right hand part of any Facebook page.
Reply Quote
Had a Senior Moment.

The add-on is called Facebook Container, not Firefox Container

Having you tried turning off ALL Notifications in Settings and then truning back on only those you really want?  Grandmother sucking eggs?
1 user says Thank You to hairybiker for this post
Reply Quote
Short of chucking my lap top out of the window, I have tried everything. Thanks so much for your interest.Looks like I will just have to suffer the irritating pop ups!
Reply Quote
(03-07-2020, 09:56 AM)Emmi Smith Wrote: Short of chucking my lap top out of the window, I have tried everything. Thanks so much for your interest.Looks like I will just have to suffer the irritating pop ups!

🤣😂🤣😂 Don’t do that Emmi. You will just have to buy another which will have the same pop ups 🤣😂🤣😂
Reply Quote
Very true  LOL!  Still trying to get rid of them....
Reply Quote
Just checking, you did say that you disabled them, did you do it on the Facebook pages shown below?

I also found this:   https://macspro.com/switch-off-facebook-notifications/
1 user says Thank You to MLA for this post
Reply Quote
Still cannot disable them - but thanks for the link.
Reply Quote
(10-07-2020, 07:19 AM)Emmi Smith Wrote: Still cannot disable them - but thanks for the link.

Emmi, It seems to me like facebook is sending alerts to Windows, showing them in the bottom right hand corner of the screen (Greyish background with a square box).

I will assume you're using chrome (since its one of the most common)

Copy pasta this address into the chrome address bar
chrome://settings/content/notifications

In the top-right you will find a search box. put in facebook.
Click the small down arrow next to the result, and then for each of the sub results (one by one) click the right arrow

[Image: LyAft3.jpg]

Scroll to where it says "Notifications" and change the value to "Block"

[Image: OFoGUR.jpg]

Rinse and repeat for each of the FB results that came up.

This will stop facebook from sending duplicate notifications to your system.

What this also means is that unless you have Facebook open in a tab, you wont get any FB notifications.

If you are using a different browser - let me know and I will change the guide to reflect.
The Local Friendly Tech and Media Guy << Link
Security Cameras, Smart Home Stuffs, Internet Thingies and Video Production Services
3 users say Thank You to McAdam for this post
Reply Quote