This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
No email after registration? Check your spam folder please. If it's not there, contact us at click@fuerteventura.click

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
favourite sunscreen

Favourite sunscreen?
As Tamara said, those of us involved in property management (and have our own rental place) HATE reimann P20. Certain hotel chains have banned its use.
It literally stains everything (not by direct transfer usually as totally waterproof) but usually by sweating etc. Basically a lot of it cannot even be showered off.
A few of the once-a-day creams are like this. Easy test is to put the sheet etc in bleach and watch it go bright red (same with bath and shower).

Nearly impossible to clean up and at least 50% of the time the sheets are still too yellow to use so end up binned.

And dont get me started on what it does to pools....just think green line around pool and clogged filters.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to fourthwisemonkey for this post
Reply Quote
I have had skin cancer and when i asked my Consultant whether P20 is worth using, she told me not to go near it, because in order for it to stick to the skin they use an adhesive which is used to glue fillings into teeth!
Reply Quote
(Yesterday, 03:39 PM)Raye Wrote: I have had skin cancer and when i asked my Consultant whether P20 is worth using, she told me not to go near it, because in order for it to stick to the skin they use an adhesive which is used to glue fillings into teeth!

Welcome to the forum, Raye! Yes, P20 contains a very small quantity of acrylate copolymers, but these are also commonly found in hairspray, mascara, blushers, eye liner, fragrances, etc.  Acrylate copolymers are also used in many other brands of sunscreen, including Nivea Sun, Boots Soltan, etc, so if you want to avoid them you'll need to research carefully.
Reply Quote
(Yesterday, 04:14 PM)bedouin Wrote:
(Yesterday, 03:39 PM)Raye Wrote: I have had skin cancer and when i asked my Consultant whether P20 is worth using, she told me not to go near it, because in order for it to stick to the skin they use an adhesive which is used to glue fillings into teeth!

Welcome to the forum, Raye! Yes, P20 contains a very small quantity of acrylate copolymers, but these are also commonly found in hairspray, mascara, blushers, eye liner, fragrances, etc.  Acrylate copolymers are also used in many other brands of sunscreen, including Nivea Sun, Boots Soltan, etc, so if you want to avoid them you'll need to research carefully.

And while you're about it Raye, do some research on which sunscreens are messing up reef and lagoon ecosystems and are are about to be banned worldwide. It'll save you having to change again in c. a year's time.
Reply Quote
(09-11-2018, 02:14 PM)fourthwisemonkey Wrote: As Tamara said, those of us involved in property management (and have our own rental place) HATE reimann P20. Certain hotel chains have banned its use.
It literally stains everything (not by direct transfer usually as totally waterproof) but usually by sweating etc. Basically a lot of it cannot even be showered off.
A few of the once-a-day creams are like this. Easy test is to put the sheet etc in bleach and watch it go bright red (same with bath and shower).

Nearly impossible to clean up and at least 50% of the time the sheets are still too yellow to use so end up binned.

And dont get me started on what it does to pools....just think green line around pool and clogged filters.

Sounds like the stuff Trump uses.
[+] 1 user says Thank You to waggy for this post
Reply Quote
I was very lucky in having an early diagnosis of Malignant Melanoma and therefore I prefer to cover up and only use sunscreen when absolutely necessary. As many have pointed out, it can stain most things and is bad for the environment.
[+] 2 users say Thank You to Raye for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sunscreen ban TamaraEnLaPlaya 6 73 07-11-2018, 12:22 PM
Last Post: Sam