This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
glass petri diameter dishes 70 100mm

Glass Petri Dishes. 70 to 100mm in diameter
Has anyone seen glass petri dishes for sale?  I need some for a photography project.
2 users say Thank You to Tardis for this post
Reply Quote
Not something I've seen anywhere; maybe the Corralejo camera club could be able to help?
www.corralejocameraclub.com
its the only thing I can come up with, sorry.
Life is short.....Be kind to one another  Smile
4 users say Thank You to classic for this post
Reply Quote
I wonder if a farmacist could obtain them?

or Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Lab-Petri-Dishes/...=318074011
3 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
They wouldn't have proper ones, but if you look in any of the big Chinese supermarkets, you might find something visually similar?
3 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
Petri dishes for a photography project?

If any of the schools have science departments I'd ask there.  I'd be surprised if any camera club would have any.
2 users say Thank You to Will for this post
Reply Quote
(01-06-2020, 10:20 AM)Will Wrote: Petri dishes for a photography project?

If any of the schools have science departments I'd ask there.  I'd be surprised if any camera club would have any.

This is what I want to do:

https://youtu.be/E31LrCxJano?t=65
3 users say Thank You to Tardis for this post
Reply Quote
Having looked at the video, you should definitely take a wander around China Town in Mattoral. Tons of interesting glassware, much of which is low-quality with warps and flaws that could bend light and make the project really interesting looking. Should give you something to practice with until you can get something delivered from online!
3 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
That's shot from above isn't it? If so anything would work. It's not like you're shooting from below the glass.
3 users say Thank You to Will for this post
Reply Quote
(01-06-2020, 12:32 PM)Ducks Wrote: Having looked at the video, you should definitely take a wander around China Town in Mattoral. Tons of interesting glassware, much of which is low-quality with warps and flaws that could bend light and make the project really interesting looking. Should give you something to practice with until you can get something delivered from online!

I don't get down to Mattoral all that often.  I'll take a look in the Chinese shops in Corralejo later this week.
Reply Quote
(01-06-2020, 03:08 PM)Will Wrote: That's shot from above isn't it? If so anything would work. It's not like you're shooting from below the glass.

Yes it's shot from above.  Funnily enough, I was coming to the same conclusion as you.
Reply Quote