Hi , just a reminder of mandatory masks almost everywhere. Stay safe.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
hows moment life

Hows is life for everyone at the moment
Hi Everyone,

Just wondering how everyone is getting on at the moment .Do you feel there is light at the end of the tunnel yet.
Few good points for my own plans GBP vs Euro has improved which helps towards my new build payments .
Had the vaccine . Hopefully going to be able to get over and see how things are going in July if all goes well  .
I hope everyone is coping and enjoying the island as best they can .Stay Safe
2 users say Thank You to jdeefd for this post
Reply Quote
In my humble opinion, with a few exceptions, no tourists, { Not always a bad thing depending on your perspective } some Bars/Restaurants not open { but many are } 23:00 curfew { but what interesting/legal happens on this Island between 23:00 and 09:00? } and face masks live is very much as normal, at least it is for us. But we appreciate the enquiry  Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes
Do not confuse my personality with my attitude my personality is down to me, but my attitude depends on you!
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
Things are great, getting back to "Life as Usual".

RE shops/restaurants: Seems to differ widely where you are on the island.
In Corralejo (where I live) most restaurants have opened back up and generally quite busy - mostly visited by locals.
In caleta where some friends were staying last week, most places were closed with very few options. (their report)

Obviously some have gone belly up, mostly from the first lockdown - but in general things are re-opening again.

P.S. it is nice that there aren't a million tourists here, but regardless, I'm yet to experience any kind of traffic Big Grin
The Local Friendly Tech and Media Guy << Link
Security Cameras, Smart Home Stuffs, Internet Thingies and Video Production Services
3 users say Thank You to McAdam for this post
Reply Quote
(08-03-2021, 05:31 PM)McAdam Wrote: Things are great, getting back to "Life as Usual".

RE shops/restaurants: Seems to differ widely where you are on the island.
In Corralejo (where I live) most restaurants have opened back up and generally quite busy - mostly visited by locals.
In caleta where some friends were staying last week, most places were closed with very few options. (their report)

Obviously some have gone belly up, mostly from the first lockdown - but in general things are re-opening again.

P.S. it is nice that there aren't a million tourists here, but regardless, I'm yet to experience any kind of traffic Big Grin

We are in Caletta, and while many are closed, I think most places closed is a bit of an exaggeration, there are some restaurants that are normally open all day but currently only open in the evenings, so depending on what time oof the day they were about would make a difference.
Do not confuse my personality with my attitude my personality is down to me, but my attitude depends on you!
Reply Quote
When I've been walking through Caleta recent times the most busy place seems to be "The Trafalgar".. 

Compared to when I was on the island back in September Caleta seem to be a bit more lively.. The times I visited Caleta in September it really was more of a ghost town..
3 users say Thank You to trex for this post
Reply Quote
(12-03-2021, 10:50 AM)trex Wrote: When I've been walking through Caleta recent times the most busy place seems to be "The Trafalgar".. 

Compared to when I was on the island back in september Caleta seem to be a bit more lively.. The times I visited Caleta in september it really was more of a ghost town..

It very much depends on the time of day IMHO there is very little happening mid morning to late afternoon, but it does appear to get slightly livliere after that, but still not what you would call lively.
Reply Quote
Hi John, 

Great quote.

We will try to make it to the island.
Departing from Dusseldorf, but Germany will be in full lockdown as of Easter. So our flight on the third of April is as of now still a mirage.

But maybe we will make it, and definitely don't mind less tourist.

Chicken or egg philosophic thought cheers
3 users say Thank You to WaveFamily for this post
Reply Quote
Good Luck and if you get to Fuerte enjoy the sun and beautiful Island
2 users say Thank You to jdeefd for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where to stay - at the moment with Covid 19 carlyn123@hotmail.co.uk 10 1,808 11-07-2020, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Lexeus