This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
board insulation

Insulation Board
Does anyone know where you can get insulation board - the type with a foil sandwich?
2 users say Thank You to Decho for this post
Reply Quote
Honestly, never saw the boards in any shop but wasn't looking for any. I would probably start the search in Ferretería La Hondura. Wouldn't expect them to keep any insulation boards in the shop but they'll possibly will be able to order some for you. Now it depends how many you need and how much would they charge for them.

75mm thick 2400mm x 1200mm (8x4 feet) should cost between 50 and 75 euro, at least in the UK.
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
For anyone looking, the Wood merchant in the industrial Estate near Ideal in Rosario sell the insulation - doesn’t have the foil sandwich but they do it in 40mm and 50mm thicknesses.
50mm is appx 12€ per sq meter and has  tonque and groove edges.
3 users say Thank You to Decho for this post
Reply Quote
Try Ipescassa north side of the La Hondura industrial area north of PDR,  I seem to recall seeing all sorts of builders merchant materials there.
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
2 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
Currently three weeks into a loft conversion at home and the insulation we are using is a different kind of material, but may be available as an alternative to thermal boards - 

https://www.insulation-actis.com/multifo...ation.html

I may not bother with the plasterboard overlay as I quite like the International Space Station look.

2 users say Thank You to Gone Fishing for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kyak or stand up paddle board wanted Melonman 2 3,157 10-07-2021, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Adrianb
  Inflatable paddle board Melonman 1 2,849 10-07-2021, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Adrianb