This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
ipad pass boarding

Ipad & boarding pass
My phone now not compatible with the latest Ryanair app. So rather than printing it out, was wondering if anyone used an iPad pro with a boarding card on it at Fuerteventura? 

Have they got scanners that can read the boarding pass on the iPad as its larger than on a phone?
2 users say Thank You to beachlife for this post
Reply Quote
Never tried myself nor saw anyone with Ipad/tablet but I'm sure you can make the app window a bid smaller (Split view makes it half the size of your screen) if the reader can't see the whole code at once.

I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(12-04-2019, 07:39 PM)beachlife Wrote: My phone now not compatible with the latest Ryanair app. So rather than printing it out, was wondering if anyone used an iPad pro with a boarding card on it at Fuerteventura? 

Have they got scanners that can read the boarding pass on the iPad as its larger than on a phone?

Are you using an iPhone beachlife ??
2 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
(12-04-2019, 09:42 PM)Spitfire58 Wrote:
(12-04-2019, 07:39 PM)beachlife Wrote: My phone now not compatible with the latest Ryanair app. So rather than printing it out, was wondering if anyone used an iPad pro with a boarding card on it at Fuerteventura? 

Are you using an iPhone beachlife ??

Afraid not its an ipad tablet.
Reply Quote
I hadn't thought of that Sam, My concern was the scanner would be too small to read the QR code from the ipad tablet your suggestion might work.
Reply Quote
Ah, ok. Hadn’t heard of any iPhone being incompatible with Ryanair app, that’s why I was asking. I always have Apple phones pads etc & never had any trouble 😁

You can download an App called Pass2u on Apple to your iPad that stores boarding cards. Never used it myself but looks ok. Might be worth a try 😁
3 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
(13-04-2019, 08:51 AM)beachlife Wrote: I hadn't thought of that Sam, My concern was the scanner would be too small to read the QR code from the ipad tablet your suggestion might work.

Asked today at Gatwick and have been told iPad nor tablet isn't a problem at all.
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(13-04-2019, 09:25 AM)Spitfire58 Wrote: Ah, ok. Hadn’t heard of any iPhone being incompatible with Ryanair app, that’s why I was asking. I always have Apple phones pads etc & never had any trouble 😁

You can download an App called Pass2u on Apple to your iPad that stores boarding cards. Never used it myself but looks ok. Might be worth a try 😁

I have no problem using the iPad pro with the Ryanair app but the problem is some airports in the world don`t have scanners that can read the IQ code when its the size it is on the iPad. The phone I had been using with no problems until the latest Ryanair app upgrade was a Samsung phone and unfortunately the older Ryanair app just does not work anymore.

Think I will print out a boarding pass before I go back (beginning of May) as a backup but experiment and see if they do accept a normal size QR code on the ipad tablet. If that fails I`ll try Sams idea of split screen at Fuerteventura airport for future trips.
3 users say Thank You to beachlife for this post
Reply Quote
I know people who have used iPad with no problems but also know people who have tried to use them at other airports and they not been able to use them with an iPad but it is ok on a phone. Was hoping to find anyone who has actually tried it, but looks like I will have to be the guinea pig myself and try it out.
Reply Quote
Why not email the pass to your phone and save it in photos. That should do the job.
3 users say Thank You to Rasputin for this post
Reply Quote