This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
long been winter

It's been a long winter
Roll on summer, we will be back in our favourite place, Fuerteventura. Two holidays booked and we cannot wait!
2 users say Thank You to jimjo23 for this post
Reply Quote
Not just winter. This year will be our first visit to Fuerteventura in 6 years. COVID, family and health issues have kept us away. Booked for September and staying in Jandia rather than Esquinzo for a change. Will hire a car to visit our favourite beach if the main beach at Jandia does not cut the mustard.
3 users say Thank You to Magoo for this post
Reply Quote
Winter's horrible! I was in Costa Calma last May (brilliant Weather) but this May I'm going to Gran Canaria for a change. Then in June my wife and I are off to Lanzarote (only our second visit to the island). And then in September we're going for the first time to a naturist resort in southern Italy. So some different holidays this year!
2 users say Thank You to bedouin for this post
Reply Quote
(17-03-2024, 06:07 PM)bedouin Wrote: Winter's horrible!  I was in Costa Calma last May (brilliant weather) but this May I'm going to Gran Canaria for a change.  Then in June my wife and I are off to Lanzarote (only our second visit to the island).  And then in September we're going for the first time to a naturist resort in southern Italy.  So some different holidays this year!

I know this is a Fuerteventura forum, but I would be interested in your opinion on these other venues. It would be interesting to see how they rate compared to Fuerte in your opinion
2 users say Thank You to Magoo for this post
Reply Quote
(18-03-2024, 03:38 PM)Magoo Wrote: I know this is a Fuerteventura forum, but I would be interested in your opinion on these other venues. It would be interesting to see how they rate compared to Fuerte in your opinion

Gran Canaria is my choice for an early-season hotel holiday in the Canaries, as a number of the hotels have naturist roof terraces, something which seems to be hard to find in Fuerteventura. The one I'm going to is all-inclusive and has a huge roof terrace with sunloungers, jacuzzis and a convenient bar. About a third of the space is dedicated for naturist sunbathing. I go to the very south (Maspalomas and Playa del Ingles) and the beaches aren't great, certainly not a patch on Fuerteventura! The tourist bars, clubs, etc, make the area a bit of a hell-hole. But as a place to soak up some much-needed naked sunshine, with all the convenience of an all-inclusive hotel, it takes some beating.

Lanzarote again is a hotel holiday, at an H10 hotel which has a naturist roof terrace. Haven't been to the hotel before, but friends have recommended it. We went to Lanzarote in May some years ago, staying self-catering in an apartment at the Charco del Palo naturist village. We found the village completely soul-less and wouldn't ever go back.

Our Italian trip is a first visit to this resort (Grottamiranda in Puglia), although we vaguely know the area having driven around it some years ago when we took our car to Corfu on the Brindisi ferry. The resort is fully naturist and is run by a French couple, and looks very appealing. I'll report back in due course!

Fuerteventura will always be one of my favourite worldwide sunshine destinations, simply because of the amazing beaches. I get a lump in my throat every time I drive down to Sotavento beach, my all-time favourite beach in Fuerte. But naturist hotel facilities aren't so easy to find. I stayed a few times in Gran Hotel Natura, which was pretty good (sadly now closed). I stayed at Magic Life, but found the naturist area cramped and miserable. I stayed at the BHH villa in Costa Calma, but found it in need of some TLC. My wife and I have stayed a few times at Hotel LIVVO Risco del Gato Suites in Costa Calma, these are lovely spacious suites, each with a totally private courtyard with sunloungers, but the hotel itself is rather strange. So I reckon there's an opportunity for some of the larger hotels in Fuerte to convert their roof areas into naturist sunbathing facilities.
Reply Quote
Thanks for that Bedouin.

I think that Lansarote is now off the 'to do' list. We are beach types when it comes to a naturist break. We only use the pool areas if it is too windy to venture out, without getting sand blasted.
We like a beach that is in reasonable walking distance, good sand and easy access to the sea for a swim. We have also got a liking for comfort, so sunbed hire is an extravagance we indulge in. The area under the Robinson in Esquinzo hits all these.
We have considered other places, but they all seem to have rough beaches, basic accommodation or look to be kid infested hell holes. My days of long haul are done, so it’s Fuerty for us.
Looking forward to the Italy report.

PS. Have you tried the Monte Marina naturist apartments? Basic but clean SC apartments, each with its own sun balcony. The pool area is immaculate and has a small sauna. Avoid apartments 49 & 50 though unless you wish to engage in mutual inspection with old ladies at the local bus stop.
Reply Quote
I've looked at Monte Marina, but haven't visited. Got the impression it's a bit dominated by repeat German visitors, and they also let day visitors in I think, which means sunloungers are in short supply. But my main problem is beach access, having to walk through the hotel and down endless steps to reach a beach which frankly isn't that pleasant.
Reply Quote
Bedouin. It’s been a while since we visited the MM but I always found the clientele a mixed bag. Being a German owned hotel, yes there is a higher number of Germans. As for day visitors, the only ones that I am aware of unless policy has changed, are from the sister hotel Playa Marina next door. We did it ourselves once when the MM was full.
You are spot on about beach access though, it’s a hell of a trudge coming back
Reply Quote
(18-03-2024, 05:08 PM)bedouin Wrote: The one I'm going to is all-inclusive and has a huge roof terrace with sunloungers, jacuzzis and a convenient bar.  About a third of the space is dedicated for naturist sunbathing.

That sounds attractive, I would go there too. Can you name which hotel? Thanks.
2 users say Thank You to Faubus for this post
Reply Quote
(21-03-2024, 02:36 PM)Faubus Wrote: That sounds attractive, I would go there too. Can you name which hotel? Thanks.

HL Suitehotel Playa del Ingles.

https://en.suitehotelplayadelingles.com/
4 users say Thank You to bedouin for this post
Reply Quote