Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
applicable sabadell now fees uk clients

New Sabadell fees now applicable for UK clients
I have just queried a debit on my Sabadell account of €18 showing as commission/fees. After an online chat I found out that post Brexit we are now subject to a non EU transaction fee of 0.35%/€18 minimum on every transfer from the UK to our Spanish account.
Would be interested to know if a similar fee is being implemented by other banks. Thanks
3 users say Thank You to Nemo4 for this post
Reply Quote
We use Transferwise, and it is my understanding that the transfer is done through an EU country may be Belgium?? so not subject to charges, when did you make the transfer? we did one last week no charges.
Do not confuse my personality with my attitude my personality is down to me, but my attitude depends on you!
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
Did transfer via TW couple of days ago, UK to Sabadell here. TW routed through Belgium, no fees. So, same as John.
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Ditto to JohnR and Tamara I have done 2 transfers via TransferWise this week as the pound was up at 1.139 / 1.14 (it is at 1.14397 8.30am Feb 5th) and no fees on my Sabadell account so far.
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
2 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
Just checked my BBVA account and no charges showing for my pension, albeit that comes in as euros, if it makes a difference.
2 users say Thank You to TrickyFox for this post
Reply Quote
Just a thought! You say for UK clients, does that mean it's a non-resident's account? That might make the difference.
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
It is a non-res account but we have been transferring over every month in euros for the last 8 years and this was the first time we have been charged since Brexit.  So looks like we will be changing to Transferwise!!
2 users say Thank You to Nemo4 for this post
Reply Quote
click here to join TW - (I get credit!)
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
I've been away from the forum for a while and didn't realise charges had been imposed - just tried to move e500 from Sabadell to Revolut to convert back to £s - seem to be quoting e32 to make the transfer from Sabadell - last time (31st Dec) it was free, reading terms on the website seems free to EEA only - assume another hidden cost of Brexit? Am i missing something?
2 users say Thank You to Jason W for this post
Reply Quote
€32 to transfer €500 is shocking.

It might be handy to open an account with TW. Using Tamara's link (above) will get you some saving on fees too.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sabadell Caleta— English speaker? Ducks 5 2,020 29-10-2020, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Ducks
  Sabadell Query windermeregolfer 11 3,119 31-03-2020, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Sam