This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
cover pool swimming

New swimming pool cover
It’s that time again! I’ve been putting off renewing my pool cover for over twelve months now, but can no longer deny or ignore my wife’s complaints about ‘blue bits in the pool’, and a seam is starting to go.

It’s about five years since I last replaced it, and I know reliable suppliers come and go, so wondering if anyone with recent-ish experience can point me toward someone reliable, please? I’m not looking for the cheapest, I’ll pay for good quality materials and service…plus availability, of course! Many thanks in advance!
2 users say Thank You to gattaca66 for this post
Reply Quote
Having had a new cover recently from Poolmark on the El Matorral industrial estate, that would be my first port of call to see what is available and to get a price. Mine seems very well made and I'm very happy with it.
3 users say Thank You to Keithal for this post
Reply Quote
Yes recommend Marco at Poolmark, he will come out measure and get your cover made to order with binding all round the edges. They are made on the main land so take 4 or 5 weeks for delivery Ours for a 6.3mts x 3.2mts was 515€ in October '18
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
3 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
Just for info, I’ve gone with Poolmark. 794€ for 10x3 metres which, allowing for inflation, is pretty similar to what I’ve paid previously for a rather inferior product! Decided on their top of the range dark blue, although it’s interesting to see they even dona black cover now, recommended by some as having better heat-retaining properties. Just think the blue looks nicer.

Out of interest, I’ve previously gone for the cheapest quote I can get for things like new pool pump, selector valve etc. My selector valve has been leaking (and I’ve tried everything) since it was fitted two years ago. I decided that since Poolmark were coming up to measure for the cover, I’d ask them to fit a new valve for me. I have to say the care, attention to detail, checking everything was working in every configuration, was ‘chalk and cheese’ in comparison to my previous experience. Superb job, I’ll not be going anywhere else for pool work in the future. Thanks again for the recommendations.
4 users say Thank You to gattaca66 for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Replacement cover for hot tub gattaca66 3 865 02-11-2023, 10:37 PM
Last Post: beachlife
  Need a Parasol cover for lafge sunshade Emmi Smith 0 2,329 14-10-2019, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Emmi Smith