This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
vpn movistar connection nord tv

Nord VPN Connection to TV
We Hi 
Just purchased Nord VPN and downloaded app to iPhone.
Don’t know why but Movistar has now vanished off smart TV and can’t get it back.
Any ideas welcome.
Cheers
Keith and Pam
1 user says Thank You to keith edwards for this post
Reply Quote
Far from an expert Keith, but logic would suggest your VPN is telling Moviestar that you are not within their coverage zone? try setting your VPN back to Spain or even Fuerteventura
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
1 user says Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks John
Movistar back on now.
VPN connected to iPhone and iPad so how do I connect the NordVPN UK IP address to our smart TV.
We are using Apple TV to view what’s available 
Brain frazzled now so off for a swim.
Keith and Pam
1 user says Thank You to keith edwards for this post
Reply Quote
I know you have just bought a Nord VPN but as an alternative you could try a Smart DNS from Getflix.   I think they do a 14 day free trial.

Here's how to set it up on an Apple TV:

https://www.getflix.com.au/setup/apple-tv/

I've used Getflix with a secondary router for about five years and their technical support is very good.
1 user says Thank You to Tardis for this post
Reply Quote
(03-02-2023, 12:53 PM)keith edwards Wrote: Thanks John
Movistar back on now.
VPN connected to iPhone and iPad so how do I connect the NordVPN UK IP address to our smart TV.
We are using Apple TV to view what’s available 
Brain frazzled now so off for a swim.
Keith and Pam

You should be able to download the NordVPN app - certainly that is how the Amazon Firestick works. Not sure about Movistar..or maybe direct onto your TV?
1 user says Thank You to Bill for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks Bill
An Amazon Fire Stick seems to be the way to go as I think (?) you can download the Nord App onto on to it and stream from there.
Any suggestions as to which Stick to buy that can stream both U.K. and German? 
Can you get them in Fuerteventura or can you buy in U.K. and use them here?
Thank 
Keith and Pam
2 users say Thank You to keith edwards for this post
Reply Quote
Hi guys. We bought ours in the UK and brought it out (btw we didn't register it in the UK but it still worked fine when we installed it). 

I'm afraid that is where my technical expertise ends, so can't advise on best type etc! Good luck!
1 user says Thank You to Bill for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Internet connection providers GMT 2 4,092 31-08-2020, 04:33 PM
Last Post: GMT