Hi , just a reminder of mandatory masks almost everywhere. Stay safe.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
providers connection internet

Internet connection providers
In five weeks we will finally move to Fuerteventura, La Asomada (I dread the journey on the ferry). I was wondering whether somebody could provide me with some fresh feedback about Internet connection in that area or about their own experiences. I flicked through this and the old forum and the alternatives seemed to be Fuerte WIFI (but they seem not to cover La Asomada), Movistar (but from what I gathered they may be the most expensive option, with prices creeping up at regular intervals), Eurona, Net services (some reviews weren't that good). UKTVTelly may also be another option. Eurona would sound like the best one but I'm not sure.

Many thanks in anticipation.
1 user says Thank You to GMT for this post
Reply Quote
(31-08-2020, 11:08 AM)GMT Wrote: In five weeks we will finally move to Fuerteventura, La Asomada (I dread the journey on the ferry). I was wondering whether somebody could provide me with some fresh feedback about Internet connection in that area or about their own experiences. I flicked through this and the old forum and the alternatives seemed to be Fuerte WIFI (but they seem not to cover La Asomada), Movistar (but from what I gathered they may be the most expensive option, with prices creeping up at regular intervals), Eurona, Net services (some reviews weren't that good). UKTVTelly may also be another option. Eurona would sound like the best one but I'm not sure.

Many thanks in anticipation.

The alternatives seemed to be Fuerte WIFI (but they seem not to cover La Asomada), I do not think Fuerte WiFi cover much outside of Caleta, including the golf course

Movistar (but from what I gathered they may be the most expensive option, with prices creeping up at regular intervals), I have no personal experience but from chatting to friends it very much depends on where you are, and yes quite expensive

Eurona, Net services (some reviews weren't that good). Eurona and Net services AKA Rural internet are two different operations, I would not touch Internet services with a Barge pole they promise you the earth and deliver nothing, I was paying for 24Mbps and rarely got more than 12 most often 6/8, they came to sort it out and connected to a server in Madrid which they said proved I was getting 24Mbps the issue was my system could not connect or even find the server Anywhere else in Europe they would be prosecuted for advertising and selling a product they can not supply.

UKTVTelly may also be another option. I believe UKTV only supply a TV system and not the internet, but I could be wrong

Eurona would sound like the best one but I'm not sure.  I used them for two years via 4g but at peak times it was very slow, I am told they can supply an antenna fixed to your property which is very much better.

Good Luck
Do not confuse my personality with my attitude my personality is down to me, but my attitude depends on you!
2 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
(31-08-2020, 12:01 PM)Johnrgby Wrote: The alternatives seemed to be Fuerte WIFI (but they seem not to cover La Asomada), I do not think Fuerte WiFi cover much outside of Caleta, including the golf course

Movistar (but from what I gathered they may be the most expensive option, with prices creeping up at regular intervals), I have no personal experience but from chatting to friends it very much depends on where you are, and yes quite expensive

Eurona, Net services (some reviews weren't that good). Eurona and Net services AKA Rural internet are two different operations, I would not touch Internet services with a Barge pole they promise you the earth and deliver nothing, I was paying for 24Mbps and rarely got more than 12 most often 6/8, they came to sort it out and connected to a server in Madrid which they said proved I was getting 24Mbps the issue was my system could not connect or even find the server Anywhere else in Europe they would be prosecuted for advertising and selling a product they can not supply.

UKTVTelly may also be another option. I believe UKTV only supply a TV system and not the internet, but I could be wrong

Eurona would sound like the best one but I'm not sure.  I used them for two years via 4g but at peak times it was very slow, I am told they can supply an antenna fixed to your property which is very much better.

Good Luck

Thank you for the feedback and the good luck, I think I need it.
2 users say Thank You to GMT for this post
Reply Quote