This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
ring road pdr

PDR - Ring Road
I meant to post this question 2 weeks ago - 

What are they doing widening the verge of the ring road, what is the point, will it be strong enough to take vehicles so you can pull over so other vehicles can overtake you as they do in some other countries or is it so cyclist don't have to use the main carriageway?

Bet I get a mix of responses to this query  Big Grin Big Grin
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
3 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
Maybe they just have too much Money leftover. I saw they claim to have €165m in the bank still to spend!!
3 users say Thank You to Archer for this post
Reply Quote
Someone told me it was to create a bigger hard shoulder because if a car breaks down currently it causes tailbacks
3 users say Thank You to Decho for this post
Reply Quote
Big Grin 
(15-07-2019, 12:02 PM)Decho Wrote: Someone told me it was to create a bigger hard shoulder because if a car breaks down currently it causes tailbacks

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
I had supposed it was to do with the new motorway. The Caldereta - Airport section is due out for tender soon, and will follow the line of the bypass for most of its length. The work seems to be concentrated on this section, though I was puzzled as to why they were not leaving it for the contractors to do.
3 users say Thank You to Pho for this post
Reply Quote
(25-08-2019, 08:03 AM)Pho Wrote: I had supposed it was to do with the new motorway. The Caldereta - Airport section is due out for tender soon, and will follow the line of the bypass for most of its length. The work seems to be concentrated on this section, though I was puzzled as to why they were not leaving it for the contractors to do.

My thoughts exactly. ⁉️🤔💭
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
After all the re-surfacing work and road marking, they are now putting in crash barriers along long lengths of the road, and even on the slip roads.  It seems to me to be most unnecessary and it'll make it look like a race track.
5 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Diversion on Puerto del Rosario ring road classic 2 2,335 13-07-2022, 09:20 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya