This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
al service uk speed

Postal Service Speed to the UK
Couldn't decide where else to put this, so figured it was best put here. Sharing this light-hearted story as we could all use some of that these days!

Got an email at lunch from some family in the UK saying how excited they were to receive an Easter card from us in the post this morning, and how they couldn't figure out how we managed to get it there so perfectly timed considering all the restrictions going on at the moment. However, when they opened it, they disocovered a birthday card instead.

...A birthday card we posted on January 4th!  Big Grin

I expect they didn't believe us when we said we sent one from here, but now they have proof! Can't imagine where it has been all this time— they didn't say anything about the envelope mentioning re-directs, but will ask properly later. We sent that long before all the Corona panic, so unless it went by way of China, there's really no reason it ought to have taken over four months to get to its destination. 

What's the longest something you've sent has taken to reach its destination?
3 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
As an exercise, I have sent letters or postcards from Caleta to my home address in the UK and not a single one has ever arrived. Never, ever!
4 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
A few years ago we were on holiday in Correlejo in November I sent a post card to my friends at work. The following May we went on holiday to Tenerife, when I returned to work my friends said "we received your postcard" which puzzled my that I hadn't sent one.  Then the penny dropped, it only took 6 months  so never lose hope.
3 users say Thank You to Davew for this post
Reply Quote
Sending letters either way depends on the addressing, I think Tamara mentioned elsewhere that when giving your address here to include as the last part -

Fuerteventura - Las Palmas
SPAIN

and I would think that sending mail back to follow the following example from Royal Mail website but ad country i.e. England , Scotland and Wales then U.K.

John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
2 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
(09-04-2020, 04:16 PM)Ducks Wrote: What's the longest something you've sent has taken to reach its destination?

You have to see this thread: Post from UK ✉️ 🤣 ✉️
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(10-04-2020, 08:21 AM)Sam Wrote:
(09-04-2020, 04:16 PM)Ducks Wrote: What's the longest something you've sent has taken to reach its destination?

You have to see this thread: Post from UK ✉️ 🤣 ✉️

Oh, I knew I had seen one before! I did a search but obviously "post" gets mentioned a lot, so I wasn't sure if I had imagined there being discussion before. My apologies.

We definitely did address the letter correctly (address/postcode/UK). I wonder if they send them in batches every few months? Would explain the long delays, but not the issue of some going missing...
2 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
Do you always take your post into a proper post office to send it? The collection boxes that you see in some shops are a different system and require different stamps. Perhaps if the items go in the wrong system they get dumped or only moved on every so often. Just a thought.
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
(10-04-2020, 07:20 PM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: Do you always take your post into a proper post office to send it? The collection boxes that you see in some shops are a different system and require different stamps. Perhaps if the items go in the wrong system they get dumped or only moved on every so often. Just a thought.

Actually, I think this might be it! I know we have posted things from the Dinos before, once at the insistence of the shop girl. This was posted in the box by the card shop beside the Post Office (as it was bought on a weekend, I think).  

Does anyone have more info on this system? I would love to find out more.
2 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
Swiss Post maybe. The card shop in Corralejo uses this.
4 users say Thank You to milestone11 for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks Milestone, that's the one, I couldn't recall the name.
Very important that you don't use stamps from one system and place the item in the other!
Living my dream
6 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Postal Packages From The UK Being Inspected By Customs Tardis 12 7,808 04-05-2020, 07:51 PM
Last Post: Lorena