This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
tourists increasing price prices

Prices increasing for tourists.
From The Daily Express
"Canary Islands warned by Ryanair and TUI - ‘stop or you'll lose British tourists'
The cost of a Canary Island holiday rose on average 10 percent last year, and the increases show no signs of slowing down due to increased demand and global inflation.
Around 14 percent more people are likely to visit the Canaries this April compared to one year ago and now some of the UK's top airline companies have issued a warning to hoteliers and Airbnb owners in Lanzarote, Tenerife and Gran Canaria to keep prices as low as they can to avoid losing visitors.
At a recent tourism convention, TUI, Jet2, and Ryanair said that possible recessions in the UK and Germany could have a major impact on the economy of the Canary Islands as these are the two main tourist groups for the area.
As a result, the companies argued that hospitality bosses need to keep price rises as low as possible due to the people generally not having as much spending Money in the UK and Germany - the two main tourist groups for the Canaries"

Thoughts?
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
Post COVID hotel prices have been all over the place.

I've seen stuff much cheaper than before. I've also seen much more expensive.

The only thing I can really say is early booking prices are no longer that great. Often starting high and dropping to more reasonable prices closer to the trip.

The one thing that's really gone up is flights and everything related to the flight. Bags to transfers.
5 users say Thank You to Will for this post
Reply Quote
The appetite for holidays in the Canary Islands is insatiable and shows no signs of diminishing. Flights have been and still are far too cheap. EasyJet and Ryanair offering flights for under £20 one way without any of the add ons.
You read in the news that islands like Lanzarote are saturated with tourists and yet a new massive hotel with 720 beds has just opened it’s doors in Playa Blanca and a new large hotel just got the go ahead for Costa Teguise. I do wonder how many staff these Hotels need and where they stay as nearly all accommodation in these resorts is rented out short term for tourists.
And at the same time there are water issues and a lack of infrastructure to cope with the massive increase of people on the islands. The Politicians are loving it with Canary Islands GDP outstripping the mainland. Something has to give. Another Global Financial crash perhaps.
7 users say Thank You to Alberto for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shopping prices - cost of living TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 282 04-02-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya