This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
battery laptop pavillion hp replacement

Replacement battery for HP Pavillion laptop
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement battery for an HP Pavillion Pavillion laptop please?

I tried a  supplier in the UK but they will not post it because it is Lithium Iron and the airlines get a bit nervous carrying that type.  Also any recommendations for anyone who can fix a broken power Jack on the same HP laptop?  It works if I jiggle the connector, but is not secure, and with a dodgy battery the the laptop cuts out without warning. 

Thank you in advance.
2 users say Thank You to geordiediver for this post
Reply Quote
Have you looked at Amazon? They usually have various batteries. Both OEM and third party.

Hate to say this but unless the machine is very new you might be better finding a replacement on sale. A new battery OEM battery is fairly expensive on it's own.

I had to do that last autumn. It was almost cheaper to get a new machine than to find the parts to fix up my old Dell.
3 users say Thank You to Will for this post
Reply Quote
Try https://www.pccomponentes.com/

Recommended on here to me by McAdam. Brilliant service. 

Tom.
3 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Depends where you are on the Island, but there is a pretty decent repair shop in El Matorral, will supply directions if you need them.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
(23-06-2020, 08:49 AM)Johnrgby Wrote: Depends where you are on the Island, but there is a pretty decent repair shop in El Matorral, will supply directions if you need them.

We are in Caleta so El Mattorral would be fantastic.   I would really appreciate directions, if you would be so kind?

Thank you!
Reply Quote
(23-06-2020, 06:05 AM)Will Wrote: Have you looked at Amazon? They usually have various batteries. Both OEM and third party.

Hate to say this but unless the machine is very new you might be better finding a replacement on sale. A new battery OEM battery is fairly expensive on it's own.

I had to do that last autumn. It was almost cheaper to get a new machine than to find the parts to fix up my old Dell.

Thank you, Will,  I had not thought of Amazon, but I suspect any supplier would have the same problem with the Lithium battery, but it is worth investigating.   My laptop is around 3 years old, and the UK supplier says a new OEM battery is around £40, so still economic to replace.
Reply Quote
You could have a UK supplier send it to Woodside's address in the UK.  They will then ship it here on the next available container.  Their rates for small items are very reasonable.
3 users say Thank You to Tardis for this post
Reply Quote
(23-06-2020, 07:35 AM)Cotillo_Tom Wrote: Try https://www.pccomponentes.com/

Recommended on here to me by McAdam. Brilliant service. 

Tom.

Thank you Tom,  I appreciate the lead, and i will follow up.  

By the way,  just in case anyone else is looking for a new charger (there are no problems with posting chargers)   I have used https://thelaptoppowersupplyshop.co.uk   in the UK, who seem to be honest and genuine.  They were the ones who told me about the problems posting Lithium batteries.
Reply Quote
(23-06-2020, 10:05 AM)geordiediver Wrote:
(23-06-2020, 08:49 AM)Johnrgby Wrote: Depends where you are on the Island, but there is a pretty decent repair shop in El Matorral, will supply directions if you need them.

We are in Caleta so El Mattorral would be fantastic.   I would really appreciate directions, if you would be so kind?

Thank you!

Take the second r/about into El Matorral, go past the fretaria, and take the second left and its 2/3 doors down on the right, open 10-2 and 4-6 Mon - Friday
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
I meant the Spanish Amazon.  If it's only 40 that's a steal. A Dell battery was 120  Confused
3 users say Thank You to Will for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Replacement cover for hot tub gattaca66 3 1,058 02-11-2023, 10:37 PM
Last Post: beachlife
  Where to get a Camera battery classic 3 2,917 06-01-2022, 08:32 AM
Last Post: classic
  Replacement hot tub lid beachlife 2 2,818 08-09-2021, 01:09 PM
Last Post: beachlife
  Laptop repairs: recommendations needed Cotillo_Tom 6 4,339 25-02-2020, 11:34 AM
Last Post: McAdam
  Replacement Phone Screen Needed Sir Real 5 3,364 11-01-2020, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Sir Real