Hi , just a reminder of mandatory masks almost everywhere. Stay safe.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
illegal reporting rentals

Reporting illegal rentals
A neighbour a few doors away from us is being plagued every weekend with the letting of a villa behind his property, to disparate groups of youngsters, family groups etc who seem to set the thumping ‘hip-hop’ or Spanish pop music on full volume before unpacking their bags. He has pleaded with each group in person, spoken with the owners who live in GC, and called out the Policía Local as a last resort. Aside from a few minutes’ respite until the constabulary have left, the problem continues.

The property has no turístico licence. The Police are uninterested in that aspect. Personally I have no particular axe to grind on this whole issue, but my neighbour is at the point where he is considering selling up, it’s that bad. As I understand it, both the Ayuntamiento (or Turístico authority?) and Agencia Tributaría have a vested interest in identifying illegal letting. I know there are simple reporting systems in the Balearics and some Peninsula areas, but how about here? Does anyone know of, or have experience of, a system for reporting illegal property letting on the island? He has tried all other approaches, this is a last resort should he need it.
8 users say Thank You to gattaca66 for this post
Reply Quote
My first starting point would be to make a Denuncia through the Police station.
3 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
Surely there is also a relevant department in the local Town Hall who deal with VV applications etc. and so may be interested and take action on illegal lettings?
2 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
(12-06-2021, 08:55 AM)Emmi Smith Wrote: Surely there is also a relevant department in the local Town Hall who deal with VV applications etc. and so may be interested and take action on illegal lettings?

Morning Emmi, trust you are well? you have forgotten this is Spain The town Hall will issue the licence and take your cash, after that it is nothing to do with them Smile
Do not confuse my personality with my attitude my personality is down to me, but my attitude depends on you!
2 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
(12-06-2021, 10:24 AM)Johnrgby Wrote:
(12-06-2021, 08:55 AM)Emmi Smith Wrote: Surely there is also a relevant department in the local Town Hall who deal with VV applications etc. and so may be interested and take action on illegal lettings?

Morning Emmi, trust you are well? you have forgotten this is Spain The town Hall will issue the licence and take your cash, after that it is nothing to do with them Smile

They still might have a phone number to report the ones without a license, though. 🤔
I Heart Fuerteventura
3 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Firstly why do you assume its an illegal letting?
If it were me I would keep reporting them to the Police.  The Police
would eventually become fed up of being called out and deal with them
2 users say Thank You to Si Tie for this post
Reply Quote
(17-06-2021, 04:52 AM)Si Tie Wrote: Firstly why do you assume its an illegal letting?
If it were me I would keep reporting them to the police.  The police
would eventually become fed up of being called out and deal with them

I think all legal ones have to display either V or VV outside on a plaque so people know they are licensed? If you are not displaying one, it can be assumed you don't have one.

That said, there is often nothing to prove that that the place is being "rented" at all. It might just be in use by friends and family free of charge, which is what I imagine the owners would say regardless. 

However, I would agree about the Police. Complain, denuncia, etc. It's terrible unfair that people are allowed to run amok and cause so much disruption for others.
3 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
+1 to the Police comment. We're paying taxes so they can/should serve & protect us.
I Heart Fuerteventura
3 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote