This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
schedule ryanair change

Ryanair Schedule Change...
Well said Can, especially this part:
(11-04-2020, 11:05 AM)Can the Man Wrote: ... If you don’t like it fly with the others, EJ, BA AL .....

If Ryanair lose too many customers, they'll might start treating them better. Complaining and still giving them your hard earned cash isn't going to change anything.
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
Just catching up here. 

I’m not naive enough to believe this is routine. Of course in normal times this stuff happens pretty often and ordinarily I click to accept without thinking. Not this time.

Unfairly giving Ryanair a hard time !? LOL, kidding right ....

According to their online chat people refunds are now taking 28 working days from date of application !! Some total BS reason as usual. 

Never again. 

Reading other threads on this site I sense a bit more realism is starting to set in....
2 users say Thank You to FVmouse for this post
Reply Quote
(13-04-2020, 06:35 PM)FVmouse Wrote: ...According to their online chat people refunds are now taking 28 working days from date of application !! Some total BS reason as usual...

All airlines are currently pretty dry and will delay refunds. At least we can always chargeback. Currently dealing with EasyJet, not impressed at all.

(13-04-2020, 06:35 PM)FVmouse Wrote: ...Never again...

Welcome to the other side! The more of us leave, the better the whole industry gets.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Have to say that like C T Man we have no issue with Ryan Air, we use them as a commute service, like a bus or train, to get us to and from Fuerteventura for the most economical price.  The one issue we have had was of our own making for not using a VPN when making a booking.

In the past we have been happy to use and with Easy Jet but the service from the north of England to Fuerteventura is very limited and only from Liverpool.

Living in Cumbria we already have to commute 65 miles or one and half to two hours by road to get to an airport and as two of the three airports we could use do not have train links, as we don't like to leave the car at the airport for more than 10 days, we are limited to Manchester Airport so it is RA, Jet2 or TUI and most certainly we would not want to take 2 flights to get to Fuerteventura.

With regards to the 10 minute flight time change on our return flight to Manchester in July my take on this is that as the outboard flight arrives at the original scheduled time it is the turn round that is taking longer which may be due to Fuerteventura airport being busier.
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
4 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
I would also agree. I have often complained about RA’s pricing methods in terms of the devious ways of bumping up the final price (sitting together, carry on bag changes, priority boarding etc) but they are little different from anyone else. In Scotland we also struggle for carriers with direct flights & are stuck with the same options as WG. I hope RA don’t go under as it would make it even more difficult to get decent price flights
2 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
Have to say we are limited and can only use Ryanair, as Air Lingus don’t fly from Dublin over the summer months .
If it wasn’t for the likes of Ryanair, people would still be paying huge sums to travel. As long as you accept you get what you pay for ,I have no issues with them . 
10 min schedule changes used to be made to allow aircraft to line up from other routes . Don’t forget, planes cost operators Money when sitting on the ground.
4 users say Thank You to Derry for this post
Reply Quote
(14-04-2020, 07:59 AM)windermeregolfer Wrote: Have to say that like C T Man we have no issue with Ryan Air, we use them as a commute service, like a bus or train, to get us to and from Fuerteventura for the most economical price.  The one issue we have had was of our own making for not using a VPN when making a booking.

In the past we have been happy to use and with Easy Jet but the service from the north of England to Fuerteventura is very limited and only from Liverpool.

Living in Cumbria we already have to commute 65 miles or one and half to two hours by road to get to an airport and as two of the three airports we could use do not have train links, as we don't like to leave the car at the airport for more than 10 days, we are limited to Manchester Airport so it is RA, Jet2 or TUI and most certainly we would not want to take 2 flights to get to Fuerteventura.

With regards to the 10 minute flight time change on our return flight to Manchester in July my take on this is that as the outboard flight arrives at the original scheduled time it is the turn round that is taking longer which may be due to Fuerteventura airport being busier.

I think that’s the rather obvious point. When you’ve had no issue, as I hadn’t for over 70 flights then they are fine, maybe even great. But so is everyone else when they’ve had no issues either.

The test of a decent company is how they treat their customers (aka hotel guests) when things do not go to plan. 

Right now Ryanair is showing their true colours. You don’t care because it hasn’t affected your plans.

Over 70 untroubled flights now counts for nought with me. Recently I have seen first hand and very close up how the different airlines have acted in very difficult times, and Ryanair is not just at the bottom of the list, it is on the next page. It is actually breaking the law.

Simple question. You get stranded in FV after they cancel your flight to the U.K. on 25 March. You make your own way home by alternative means at great cost (whilst other airlines put more planes on). You don’t bother trying to ask for compensation to cover these re-routing costs even though this falls under their duty of care, but simply want your Money back for the part of the service they didn’t honour. You are told the refund should be made before 15 May !!! How would you feel ?

As I say, you’re alright Jack so no problems. Maybe next time you will be me.....
2 users say Thank You to FVmouse for this post
Reply Quote
(14-04-2020, 08:31 AM)Derry Wrote: Have to say we are limited and can only use Ryanair, as Air Lingus don’t fly from Dublin over the summer months .
If it wasn’t for the likes of Ryanair, people would still be paying huge sums to travel. As long as you accept you get what you pay for ,I have no issues with them . 
10 min schedule changes used to be made to allow aircraft to line up from other routes . Don’t forget, planes cost operators money when sitting on the ground.

I’m not bemoaning the likes of Ryanair (low cost carriers), I’m bemoaning Ryanair.

EDIT: Removed the last sentence as offensive. Sam.
Reply Quote
Don’t think any of us were saying that FV. Everyone acknowledges the way the airline companies have behaved in all this. All you have to do is read comments on here or FB to see that & I don’t think any of the other bare bones flight choices have behaved any better or worse in one way or another. The point was simply being made that some people (myself included) have little enough choices by their geographic location. Sometimes it is necessary to make choices in a different world one would wish not to have to make
1 user says Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
(14-04-2020, 08:42 AM)FVmouse Wrote: I think that’s the rather obvious point. When you’ve had no issue, as I hadn’t for over 70 flights then they are fine, maybe even great. But so is everyone else when they’ve had no issues either.

The test of a decent company is how they treat their customers (aka hotel guests) when things do not go to plan. 

Right now Ryanair is showing their true colours. You don’t care because it hasn’t affected your plans.

Over 70 untroubled flights now counts for nought with me. Recently I have seen first hand and very close up how the different airlines have acted in very difficult times, and Ryanair is not just at the bottom of the list, it is on the next page. It is actually breaking the law.

Simple question. You get stranded in FV after they cancel your flight to the U.K. on 25 March. You make your own way home by alternative means at great cost (whilst other airlines put more planes on). You don’t bother trying to ask for compensation to cover these re-routing costs even though this falls under their duty of care, but simply want your money back for the part of the service they didn’t honour. You are told the refund should be made before 15 May !!! How would you feel ?

As I say, you’re alright Jack so no problems. Maybe next time you will be me.....

FV - Excuse me but this thread started with a post about a 10 minute schedule change NOT as thread about cancellations refunds in the current unfortunate crisis we find ourselves.

I was NOT commenting on the way any of the airlines have or have not treated their customers in relation to cancellations and refunds.
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
1 user says Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ryanair Summer Schedule 2021 Graham Walker 2 2,765 24-05-2020, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Will
  Ryan Air Launch Summer 2020 Schedule windermeregolfer 0 2,775 02-10-2019, 09:13 PM
Last Post: windermeregolfer