Hi , just a reminder of mandatory masks almost everywhere. Stay safe.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
public smoking

SMOKING IN PUBLIC
What are the current rules for smoking in a public place? Not in bars and restaurants of course, but in open air, distancing observed, and mask worn when not smoking!
2 users say Thank You to hogfather for this post
Reply Quote
You need to look at thus from another angle. 

Ask yourself instead 'where do I need to wear a mask?'

Wearing a mask means you can't smoke, therefore, it is only where you are permitted to be without a mask that you can smoke. 

In short, almost nowhere if you are in a populated area!

The only other places:
In your home.
In bar or restaurant where smoking is permitted on the terrace. 

Tom.
25/75 Birmingham/El Cotillo. Cool
2 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
(22-09-2020, 03:41 PM)hogfather Wrote: What are the current rules for smoking in a public place? Not in bars and restaurants of course, but in open air, distancing observed, and mask worn when not smoking!

The situation is still the same as one month ago:

Quote:2) TOBACCO

a) Smoking, use of tobacco inhalation devices, water pipes, hookahs, shisha or similar devices will not be allowed on public roads and in outdoor spaces, as long as it is not possible to guarantee the maintenance of an interpersonal safety distance of 2 meters.

b) The use of tobacco inhalation devices, water pipes, hookahs, shisha, or similar devices is prohibited in all entertainment, leisure, hotel, restaurant and any other type of establishment open to the public.

https://fuerteventura.click/Thread-Manda...9#pid18939
I Heart Fuerteventura
3 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Smile 
Thanks both, but none the wiser as two answers differ! In other words, if I am miles from anyone and see no "old bill" can I sneak a drag?
1 user says Thank You to hogfather for this post
Reply Quote
(23-09-2020, 10:37 AM)hogfather Wrote: Thanks both, but none the wiser as two answers differ! In other words, if I am miles from anyone and see no "old bill" can I sneak a drag?

If you're miles away from anyone, you can smoke. If suddenly somebody pops near you, put it down straight away and wear your mask. Practice in the middle of nowhere, after a few successful tries move a bit closer to the nearest town or village, avoid town centres as that's quite opposite of "miles from anyone". Smile
I Heart Fuerteventura
3 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Just to clarify one point, you are not allowed to smoke on any bar, café, restaurant terrace at the moment. 
I'm a smoker, I keep well away from anyone else when I'm out and about and have had no problems.
Living my dream
4 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote