Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum. This is just a reminder of mandatory masks almost everywhere on the island.

Poll: Should swimwear be banned from public places?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
From everywhere except the beach.
41.67%
10 41.67%
From shops and restaurants.
41.67%
10 41.67%
Don't really care/mind.
4.17%
1 4.17%
No! Swimwear are clothes too.
0%
0 0%
We should be allowed to be naked anywhere.
12.50%
3 12.50%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
banned swimwear public should places

Should swimwear be banned from public places?
Is it just me who thinks people in swimwear ,bikinis, and the like, for both men and women should be banned in public places such as restaurants and supermarkets.  ? Bad enough that they walk around town but when having a meal out,I think it is most disrespectful.

EDIT: Split from the D3 restaurant review, plus added a poll.
4 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
(05-04-2019, 02:25 PM)Emmi Smith Wrote: Is it just me who thinks people in swimwear ,bikinis, and the like, for both men and women should be banned in public places such as restaurants and supermarkets.  ? Bad enough that they walk around town but when having a meal out,I think it is most disrespectful.

If you decide to set up a petition to make it illegal,you will get two votes from us Smile Smile
Do not take life to seriously no one gets out alive anyway 
5 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
(05-04-2019, 02:25 PM)Emmi Smith Wrote: Is it just me who thinks people in swimwear ,bikinis, and the like, for both men and women should be banned in public places such as restaurants and supermarkets.  ? Bad enough that they walk around town but when having a meal out,I think it is most disrespectful.

Emmi, I agree with you, swimwear should be limited to beaches, poolside and sun bathing areas. NOT restaurants shops or bars.
4 users say Thank You to Can the Man for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks for the supportive views on this.  I almost had second thoughts about posting on that topic and was gearing myself up for some "anti human rights abuse" ! LOL. Don't think I'll be starting a petition though, although last week a man in the local supermarket wearing his budgie smugglers ( two sizes too small) nearly got a lecture from me......he certainly got a dirty look though!
4 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
Yeah, I tend to agree as well. Doesn’t have to be a three piece suit 🤣😂 but it easy enough to slip on a pair of shorts & a shirt 😁
5 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
(05-04-2019, 02:31 PM)Johnrgby Wrote:

If you decide to set up a petition to make it illegal,you will get two votes from us Smile Smile

And a def TWO votes from us  Smile Smile
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
4 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
2 votes from the Paddies 😆
4 users say Thank You to Can the Man for this post
Reply Quote
I guess I don't really mind if someone is sitting in the restaurant, having a meal in a swimwear. In the UK we live in the south and this kind of behaviour isn't unusual in the summer months. I wouldn't be (probably) happy about someone completely naked in a local supermarket but that's completely different story anyway. Swim trunks / bikini /mankini - all fine by me.

... I'm new here, be gentle, please 😊🤪🤣
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(19-04-2019, 09:07 AM)Sam Wrote: I guess I don't really mind if someone is sitting in the restaurant, having a meal in a swimwear. In the UK we live in the south and this kind of behaviour isn't unusual in the summer months. I wouldn't be (probably) happy about someone completely naked in a local supermarket but that's completely different story anyway. Swim trunks / bikini /mankini - all fine by me.

... I'm new here, be gentle, please 😊🤪🤣

Maybe in a beach cafe Sam but not in a restaurant in town.

Personally, I hate to see blokes walking around town shirtless (usually carrying the t-shirt in their hand) especially when they a beer gut.
5 users say Thank You to TrickyFox for this post
Reply Quote
Sad 
They always seem to sit opposite me with their legs open. Put's me right off my bangers and mash.
Quam bene vivas refert non quam diu  Heart
3 users say Thank You to Villan for this post
Reply Quote