This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
street lights can explain caleta—

Street lights in Caleta— can ANYONE explain?
Every night, it seems like there is a different street without lighting! Perhaps around the Chocolate Shop, sometimes down by the Happy Centre, occasionally between the White Centre and the main road, or around the Caybeach, but there is at least one street out every night. 

Since it's never the same street two nights in a row, and every light is out on whichever street is in darkness that night, it can't be an issue of bulbs. If it was blown fuses, it surely wouldn't happen so often? Is this some kind of mad deliberate cost cutting measure? 

We are at a complete loss to explain this, but it makes for some unpleasant evening walking considering the state of the footpaths in places...

If anyone has theories or a concrete answer, I would love to hear it!
3 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
Send an email to Debbie Edgington the Tourism Councillor for the Ayuntamiento of Antigua, and make her aware of the problem.

She can be contacted on: concejalia@caletadefuste.es
4 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
Thank you for the info which I will keep on file, but it wasn't really a serious complaint, more of a case of curiosity! 

I'd just love to know if this is purposeful or some set of freak faults.
3 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
(15-11-2019, 10:17 PM)Ducks Wrote: Thank you for the info which I will keep on file, but it wasn't really a serious complaint, more of a case of curiosity! 

I'd just love to know if this is purposeful or some set of freak faults.

Worth asking the question all the same Ducks
3 users say Thank You to Can the Man for this post
Reply Quote
Cockroaches in the wiring?  Big Grin
[Image: w07uS5v.jpg]
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
(16-11-2019, 09:43 PM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: Cockroaches in the wiring?  Big Grin
[Image: w07uS5v.jpg]

That would be Caleta 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
2 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
I've noticed the contrary to lights off at night - I often see street lights ON during the day!
4 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
The reason why some street lights are not working is that the cables have been stolen.
Also lighting cables for the Montecastilo new walkway have been stolen. That is what Debbie Edgington has said.
Similarly problems exist in the U.K.
 I remember all permanent tv camera and sound cables at various cricket grounds in the U.K. were stolen for scrap several years ago.
3 users say Thank You to MB30 for this post
Reply Quote
It will be interesting to see if the street lights that they have attached Christmas Light Decorations to work, yesterday they were putting more up along the main road toward the Atlantico Center. 

John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
1 user says Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote