Hi , just a reminder of mandatory masks almost everywhere. Stay safe.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
licences driving temporary

Temporary Driving Licences.
Have a friend driving around with the receipt for his UK driving licence and is waiting to collect his Spanish driving licence soon.

His temporary receipt is time limited. Not sure of the exact date but it's in the next couple of weeks. 

Anyone know if the Traffic Office is open or even operating?

I'm assuming it is closed for the duration. 

Anyone know if there has been an official word on extending the life of these receipts?

TIA.

Tom.
25/75 Birmingham/El Cotillo. Cool
2 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Tom sorry can't help exactly but on the basis that in the current circumstances as the ITV's have been extended by 6 months then I would have thought that other things like the receipt might be extended the same.
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
3 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
(22-04-2020, 04:38 PM)Cotillo_Tom Wrote: ...Anyone know if the Traffic Office is open or even operating?...

Definitely not open, Tom. This is at their website: www.dgt.es

Quote:Alarm Status - Coronavirus

Due to the situation that we experience as a result of the state of alarm, we inform that the service is temporarily suspended to carry out procedures at Traffic Headquarters , also cancelling appointments that were previously assigned. At the moment we cannot attend you in person, ask if it is possible that we will attend you through other channels .

Stay informed of the last hour of the DGT's actions during the health alert by COVID-19.

They can try to shoot them an email at oltf@dgt.es and see what they'll come up with. I'm sure your friend isn't the only one in a similar situation and will be allowed to drive. Especially if they'll carry the email reply with them in the car.
I Heart Fuerteventura
3 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exchange from UK to Spanish driving licence gattaca66 81 11,251 15-10-2020, 03:23 PM
Last Post: McAdam
  Driving in Fuerteventura for UK drivers after Brexit Sam 33 7,270 21-10-2019, 07:38 AM
Last Post: Sam
  Medical for driving licence exchange? gattaca66 6 1,763 09-02-2019, 09:16 PM
Last Post: gattaca66
  Can you have BOTH a Spanish Driving Licence and UK Driving Licence Archer 9 2,440 18-01-2019, 12:16 PM
Last Post: Sam