Hi , just a reminder of mandatory masks almost everywhere. Stay safe.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
with government air cancels traffic italy

The government cancels air traffic with Italy
Fuerteventura runs out of connections with Italy from Wednesday until March 25 after knowing the order of the Council of Ministers to ban direct flights between Italy and Spain. Thus, two of the three planned arrivals on the island today have operated normally. The companies Vueling, Easy Jet and Ryanair usually operate with the Lanzarote airports from Italy.

Sources close to the tourism sector have indicated that the Easy Jet company has already informed its customers of the cancellation of its connections between Lanzarote and Milan. Ryanair has announced that it will suspend all its programming to and from Italy from Wednesday until next Friday, March 13. This new measure adopted by the government of Pedro Sánchez before the Coronavirus crisis increases even more the concern of the tourism sector of the islands for the consequences of this disease in the Canary Islands, which already affects 20 people and has produced around 30% of cancellations, in addition to cancellations of 17 flights (9 arrivals and 8 departures) daily, three in Lanzarote from tomorrow.

It should be noted that the Council of Ministers has decided at its meeting on Tuesday to ban direct flights between Italy and Spanish airports as an extraordinary measure to contain the expansion of the Coronavirus. The agreement has been published in an extraordinary edition of the Official State Gazette.

The BOE edition explains that communications between Italy and Spain are "numerous" and that the transalpine country represents the third largest international air market for Spain, with more than 106,000 commercial operations registered in 2019 and around 16 million passengers, which accounts for approximately 9% of all our international traffic. "Under these figures it is not surprising that the vast majority of cases imported into our country have been linked to tourists from Italy," says the document.

According to ABC, the prohibition will have certain exceptions: it will not apply to state air planes, non-commercial stopovers, exclusive cargo flights, positional, humanitarian, medical or emergency flights. The Ministry of Transport, Mobility and Urban Agenda has informed the European Commission and the other Member States of the establishment of these exceptional measures and the Ministry of Health will make the corresponding notification to WHO.

This initiative is included in a document of about 30 pages that also includes other measures that the Executive is studying to deal with the epidemic of the Coronavirus, as the national newspaper has learned. The commission of secretaries and deputy secretaries on Thursday will discuss these initiatives.

Courtesy of NoticiasFuerteventura.
I Heart Fuerteventura
4 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Ryanair this year has been flying to Fue from Bergamo,Pisa and I think Bologna.  Not sure why the article mentions only Lanzarote . 
2 users say Thank You to Will for this post
Reply Quote
There are 11 flights a week from Italy to Fuerteventura.
2 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
(12-03-2020, 04:50 AM)Will Wrote: Ryanair this year has been flying to Fue from Bergamo,Pisa and I think Bologna.  Not sure why the article mentions only Lanzarote . 

I guess they copied (a part of) the article from some Lanzarote news website.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jet 2 cancels all flights to Spain inc here fatherted 8 987 14-03-2020, 02:52 PM
Last Post: fatherted