This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
machine walkabout goes washing

Washing machine goes walkabout
Has anyone any suggestions to stop a washing machine going walkabout across the floor when it is spinning? Ours moves over a foot (300mm) and is in danger of pulling the cable out. And yes, I have checked it is level.
2 users say Thank You to TrickyFox for this post
Reply Quote
You need an engineer. The drum is clearly unbalanced when spinning causing the machine to walk.  Something is amiss.  It needs checking out. 

Sorry, I know the cause but not the DIY solution. 

Tom.
3 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Smile 
oops I should read.

sorry
1 user says Thank You to Will for this post
Reply Quote
Haven't you told it about lock down and not being allowed to walk? 😂
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
If the washer is installed on uneven floors, you may not be able to level it with the legs alone - you may need to put rubber floor protectors under the washer to level it.
If the washer is level and still "walks", the floor may be too smooth. In this case, put rubber floor protectors under each foot to give the washer a good grip on the floor.

You can also try putting 2 pieces of wood under the front & back feet of the machine. I have found that the tiles where the washing machine are on are often very smooth so there is no friction to stop movement or carpet underlay can do the trick as well (I brought some from UK when my machine was walking).
4 users say Thank You to beachlife for this post
Reply Quote
If you can't get carpet underlay on the island, I suspect a yoga mat from the China Shop or similar would work well also.

There are so many bits and pieces we need that we haven't been able to pick up lately! Looking forward to the small shops being open again.
4 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
(26-04-2020, 01:42 PM)TrickyFox Wrote: Has anyone any suggestions to stop a washing machine going walkabout across the floor when it is spinning? Ours moves over a foot (300mm) and is in danger of pulling the cable out. And yes, I have checked it is level.

Is it noisy when spinning?  If it is, it's proably out of balance.  It may be unevely loaded in which case, pause the cycle and re-distribute the load and restart.  If it does the walk, then you need an engineer and (probably) a new machine
2 users say Thank You to hairybiker for this post
Reply Quote
I have now placed the machine on a small sheet of ply to see if this helps.
2 users say Thank You to TrickyFox for this post
Reply Quote
(27-04-2020, 02:10 PM)TrickyFox Wrote: I have now placed the machine on a small sheet of ply to see if this helps.

Fingers crossed it works.
2 users say Thank You to beachlife for this post
Reply Quote
Take the top off and have a look, it might be the balance weight or weights that might have worked loose
2 users say Thank You to Zapparocks for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Washing machine repair needed juliewatts6923 3 4,830 28-04-2020, 11:29 AM
Last Post: juliewatts6923