Hi , just a reminder of mandatory masks almost everywhere. Stay safe.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is best for tapas in Caleta?
Struggling to find anything on TripAdvisor.  Used to go to El Capitan
But struggling to find an alternative any recommendations welcome
2 users say Thank You to Si Tie for this post
Reply Quote
You do know El Capitan has moved to the Tyroli bar ?, they are doing Tapas haven’t tried them yet.
The pickled palm do a range of Tapas, not bad, but not fully authentic I don’t classify pâté and bread a genuine Spanish Tapas. There is also a Tapas bar up at the roundabout wher Calafornia is, it’s just round the corner beside species the vetinary place, they are pretty good. Hope this helps Si.
2 users say Thank You to Can the Man for this post
Reply Quote
Who would you say was the best?  I didn’t know El Capitan had moved
Thanks for the information
2 users say Thank You to Si Tie for this post
Reply Quote
Near to El Capitan, Cafe Del Town (across the road from the San Jorge hotel) is an excellent daytime option, but isn't open at night. Have been a few times, really enjoyed it.

For evenings, there's another place in the same area (across from the Happy Centre, on the same road as the HiperDino) which is always very busy, and seems to get a lot of repeat business! I think it's called 1966. Haven't been, but their menu looks good. 

555 in the White Centre is always lively when we pass, but reviews on Trip Advisor seem mixed.

Hope you're able to find somewhere! Let us know how you get on.
3 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
Restaurant 555, in the White Centre IMHO best Tapas on the Island
Do not confuse my personality with my attitude my personality is down to me, but my attitude depends on you!
4 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
In Caleta - Bar Tapas, traditional Spanish bar/restaurant. MyTapas1966 - have been a few times but always seem to pick greasy dishes. OliverFly is supposed to be good, haven't been since they first opened and don't like loud music.
In Corralejo - La Luna, have been a few times and always enjoyed it. Have lots of different dishes.
In Antigua - Bar Artesano, again typical Spanish and very reasonable. Dishes can be Tapa, media racion or racion.
4 users say Thank You to TrickyFox for this post
Reply Quote
(12-02-2020, 08:10 AM)TrickyFox Wrote: In Caleta - Bar Tapas, traditional Spanish bar/restaurant. MyTapas1966 - have been a few times but always seem to pick greasy dishes. OliverFly is supposed to be good, haven't been since they first opened and don't like loud music.
In Corralejo - La Luna, have been a few times and always enjoyed it. Have lots of different dishes.
In Antigua - Bar Artesano, again typical Spanish and very reasonable. Dishes can be Tapa, media racion or racion.

Mr & Mrs TrickyFox are the Tapas King & Queen  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin so good recommendations  Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
3 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
Agree, this one is good. Been a few times now.

“In Antigua - Bar Artesano, again typical Spanish and very reasonable. Dishes can be Tapa, media racion or racion.“
3 users say Thank You to Spitfire58 for this post
Reply Quote
(12-02-2020, 08:10 AM)TrickyFox Wrote: In Caleta - Bar Tapas, traditional Spanish bar/restaurant. 

Whereabouts is this one?
3 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
(13-02-2020, 03:34 AM)Ducks Wrote:
(12-02-2020, 08:10 AM)TrickyFox Wrote: In Caleta - Bar Tapas, traditional Spanish bar/restaurant. 

Whereabouts is this one?

I guess TF meant Tapas Bar next to Dulce de Leche, opposite the bus station in Caleta.

28.399897, -13.862380
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote