This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
selling anywhere components computer

Anywhere selling computer components?
Does anyone know of any shops, on any of the islands, with mail order so must have a website, that sell computer components. I know Electron do in PDR, of course, but they are very limited in what they sell (and their website is never uptodate).
2 users say Thank You to TrickyFox for this post
Reply Quote
(17-05-2020, 05:10 PM)TrickyFox Wrote: Does anyone know of any shops, on any of the islands, with mail order so must have a website, that sell computer components. I know Electron do in PDR, of course, but they are very limited in what they sell (and their website is never uptodate).

McAdam mentioned this shop, they're not local but do deliver once a week, using their own truck.
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(17-05-2020, 06:35 PM)Sam Wrote:
(17-05-2020, 05:10 PM)TrickyFox Wrote: Does anyone know of any shops, on any of the islands, with mail order so must have a website, that sell computer components. I know Electron do in PDR, of course, but they are very limited in what they sell (and their website is never uptodate).

McAdam mentioned this shop, they're not local but do deliver once a week, using their own truck.

Yup, if you are looking for a large selection of whatever components, that place is the one.
Just make sure to only add items to your cart that say "sold by pc componentes". They will remove the mainland 21% VAT and add the Canary VAT at checkout.

Just note that their system does not save your cart.
The Local Friendly Tech and Media Guy << Link
Security Cameras, Smart Home Stuffs, Internet Thingies and Video Production Services
4 users say Thank You to McAdam for this post
Reply Quote
Do you get charged import duty?
Reply Quote
(18-05-2020, 12:05 PM)TrickyFox Wrote: Do you get charged import duty?

As of about 4 years ago anything under I think 70€ is duty free,
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
2 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote

Not if it's less than 150 euro.

https://www.octsi.es/octsi/noticias-del-...mportacion

Quote:Specifically, section 11 of article 14 is modified, which regulates exemptions on imports of goods in the Canary Islands and the provision of services, so that imports of goods whose value does not exceed 150 euros are exempt from IGIC ( the previous limit for low value shipments was 22 euros). This exemption will not continue to apply to certain alcoholic products, perfumes and eau de cologne, and raw or manufactured tobacco.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(18-05-2020, 02:42 PM)Sam Wrote:

Not if it's less than 150 euro.

https://www.octsi.es/octsi/noticias-del-...mportacion

Quote:Specifically, section 11 of article 14 is modified, which regulates exemptions on imports of goods in the Canary Islands and the provision of services, so that imports of goods whose value does not exceed 150 euros are exempt from IGIC ( the previous limit for low value shipments was 22 euros). This exemption will not continue to apply to certain alcoholic products, perfumes and eau de cologne, and raw or manufactured tobacco.

I was convinced it changed to 70 or 75€ I stand corrected
3 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
I thought it was supposed to be 150€ but I got charged nearly 40€ by DHL for an item from Amazon which was just over £133 so hovering around the 150 mark. I got onto Amazon who said they would refund the amount. After I received the goods, having paid DHL, I got back to Amazon (in India of course) to ask how to get the refund and the chap I spoke to said the previous person was wrong and she shouldn't have said they would refund. However (as a gesture of goodwill?) they would refund they charge in this case. Now, I don't know who is telling the truth, has anyone else come across this.
I see form the DHL invoice that some of the charge appears to be for IGIC and the other is an admin fee. I figure that Amazon ought to refund the admin fee definitely, but if it truly is IGIC then I wouldn't expect to get that back.
Reply Quote

PCComponentes handles everything for you...

Prices on their site include the mainland 21% IVA.

When you checkout, put in a canary address and they will remove the 21% Mainland IVA  and add the 7% Canary tax instead.

So what you pay online will be the absolute final price delivered to your door.

https://www.pccomponentes.com/soporte/en...a-canarias
The Local Friendly Tech and Media Guy << Link
Security Cameras, Smart Home Stuffs, Internet Thingies and Video Production Services
5 users say Thank You to McAdam for this post
Reply Quote
(18-05-2020, 03:00 PM)TrickyFox Wrote: I thought it was supposed to be 150€ but I got charged nearly 40€ by DHL for an item from Amazon which was just over £133 so hovering around the 150 mark. I got onto Amazon who said they would refund the amount. After I received the goods, having paid DHL, I got back to Amazon (in India of course) to ask how to get the refund and the chap I spoke to said the previous person was wrong and she shouldn't have said they would refund. However (as a gesture of goodwill?) they would refund they charge in this case. Now, I don't know who is telling the truth, has anyone else come across this.
I see form the DHL invoice that some of the charge appears to be for IGIC and the other is an admin fee. I figure that Amazon ought to refund the admin fee definitely, but if it truly is IGIC then I wouldn't expect to get that back.

Yes we have about 4years ago, cannot remember the details but the driver wanted 50€ + for something that cost circa 70€, I refused to pay and sent it back and got a refund from Amazon.
2 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Computer Desk with a sliding keyboard tray Mia 7 3,454 20-12-2020, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Mia