This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
clean muelle corralejo chico

Clean up of Muelle Chico de Corralejo
Radio Sintonia:

The volume of one cubic meter of debris is extracted in the Muelle Chico de Corralejo.

Last Thursday, September 14, around 7:00 am, a significant environmental action was carried out at the Muelle Chico in Corralejo. The Councilor for Beaches and First Deputy Mayor of the City of La Oliva, Julio Santana, led this operation to clean the seabed, which had the collaboration of a specialized municipal crane.

During this task, debris, pavers, platelets and cinder blocks were extracted, with an approximate volume of one cubic meter of material. This action, in line with the policy of preservation of the natural environment and our beaches, represents a firm commitment of the City Council of La Oliva with environmental sustainability.

The First Deputy Mayor and Councillor for Beaches, Julio Santana, stated that "the preservation of our beaches and the marine environment is a priority for us. This clean-up of the seabed is an essential part of our focus on sustainability and environmental protection, and we will continue to work tirelessly in this direction."

Similarly, the mayor, Isaí Blanco, referred to the importance of this initiative, adding: "Our municipality is characterized by its natural beauty and exceptional beaches. This clean-up action not only contributes to the conservation of our natural resources, but also supports our commitment to the quality of life of our residents and visitors, offering safe and clean marine spaces."

The City Council of La Oliva reiterates its firm commitment to the protection of the environment and its natural resources, promoting concrete actions that promote the conservation of our coasts and beaches.
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
This Saturday the plan is for divers to go out and do the rest of the seabed I think between the pontoons and also the anchorage.
We did it a couple of years ago and filled a container,
I was amazed at the amount of empty bottles,(maybe i shouldn't have been so surprised!!!).
The worst thing was the number of old tyres and super market trolleys
6 users say Thank You to DavidP for this post
Reply Quote
Thank you David for getting involved with initiatives like this that keep the environment good for all of us to enjoy. Thumbs Up
Living my dream
3 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
Re clean up Corralejo harbour.
I think it went well,3 dive schools involved Punta Amanay and Abyss from Corralejo and another from PR.
A group of volunteers plus a couple of council workers.
18 divers on air and 6 "free diving".
Bottom conditions atrocious,vis about 0 to 1metre, thats provided you did not kick up the silt!!
We were only able to do one length of Pontoons.
Contrary to my previous entry we did not find a single bottle or s'market trolley.BUT we found a ridiculous amount of plastic from sheets to hose and buckets,and regrettably a number of tyres
The organisers put on a good spread after,and the council gave us all nice logo-ed T shirts.(for the photos)
Very enjoyable and satisfying BUT this morning I can't move,(I had no idea I had "muscles" in some of those places)
4 users say Thank You to DavidP for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New opening hours for Clean Points/Recycling centres TamaraEnLaPlaya 1 515 04-03-2024, 09:35 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  Coastal clean-up - Antigua coast TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 481 13-11-2023, 09:04 PM
  Campaign to clean the seabed of Puerto Lajas TamaraEnLaPlaya 1 445 05-09-2023, 08:04 PM
  Clean energy production (or not on FV!) TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 535 07-05-2023, 07:49 PM
  La Oliva municipality clean up meetings TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 2,397 20-11-2021, 11:44 PM