This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
registered uk driving car

Driving a UK registered car
I sure hope you're right John. That's how it should work and you should be able to keep the car on UK plates. Had a read about doing this the other way round and because you are a resident in the UK, you're not allowed to bring (& drive) a car, registered in Spain, in(to) the UK. So your only option is to do what you're doing and hope the Police officer know how it works too.

All the scary stories I read must have been about people working or running a business in Spain. Would still ask at the embassy and keep a copy of the reply in the car too. Paper like that could be handy in sticky situation.
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(18-04-2019, 09:00 AM)TrickyFox Wrote: I can't see how they can consider you a resident just because you own a property here - that's why they have non-resident taxes surely?...

As you said TF, they will consider you being a resident because you have a NIE. I believe that's wrong because we're allowed to have a second home in Spain and be a resident in another country.
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UK Registered Cars In Spain windermeregolfer 0 2,726 03-09-2021, 08:13 AM
Last Post: windermeregolfer
  UK driving licence post brexit Adrianb 0 2,760 10-07-2021, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Adrianb
  International Driving Permit FVmouse 4 4,244 06-12-2020, 08:10 AM
Last Post: windermeregolfer