This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
gardening fuerteventura

Gardening in Fuerteventura
Emmi - Tecoma stans?
Living my dream
Reply Quote
Yes!!  That's the one. Mine is in the form of a small tree, which is mentioned in this link

https://www.backyardnature.net/n/w/tecoma.htm

Thank you Tamara.
Reply Quote
Tamara your garden flowers and plants are amazing, I congratulate you on your green fingers.
Reply Quote
I second that opinion.Tamara could become the curator of Fuerteventura's very own version of Kew Gardens !
Reply Quote
(16-04-2020, 04:00 AM)Emmi Smith Wrote: I second that opinion.Tamara could become the curator of Fuerteventura's very own version of Kew Gardens !

Fue Gardens  Big Grin

The flowers do look amazing. Looking forward to growing some when we get there although I'm hopeless with gardening.
Loving it  Cool

Reply Quote
A few more from today:

[Image: 8xvt3DO.jpg] [Image: a8bOCDw.jpg] [Image: 3lg2oMY.jpg]

[Image: tlsIyKs.jpg] [Image: hNNrAAl.jpg] [Image: qboq2CU.jpg]

[Image: 9KutOqP.jpg] [Image: 9UvanX1.jpg] [Image: qHmiR82.jpg]
Living my dream
Reply Quote
When I move out there for retirement first thing I will do will be to hire Tamara as a consultant for my patio flowers, plus I will grow a few herbs and things.
Reply Quote
(16-04-2020, 11:19 PM)Can the Man Wrote: When I move out there for retirement first thing I will do will be to hire Tamara as a consultant for my patio flowers, plus I will grow a few herbs and things.

Talking of herbs Can - today I cut 6 bin bags of fresh basil while clearing by the walls for the builder. Pesto production tomorrow  Big Grin 
Self seeds and grows like a weed in my garden while local friends have trouble keeping a plant going in a pot with lots of TLC.

[Image: W6A6qYB.jpg] example here between Swiss Cheese and Banana plants.
The smell in my garden today has been amazing as bits got trampled underfoot and there was no breeze to dissipate it.
Living my dream
Reply Quote
Definitely Monarch caterpillars - the colours/stripes are clear now.

[Image: bjBfqDo.jpg]

Wondering if I should cull now so a few have plenty of leaves to munch on? Would gladly share the caterpillars but obviously not possible at the moment.
Living my dream
Reply Quote
Over the last few days we have had a fly and midge problem, on investigation found the hibiscus were infested with flies  and lava so took drastic action this morning  Cry Cry Cry

From this                                                            to this

John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
Reply Quote