This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
movement state emergency freedom limited

State of emergency - Limited freedom of movement
Hi Sam,

Our boiler has just broken down!
Does this come under a home emergency. Tried to ring friendly builder, not answering his phone or texts.
Lives a long way from Corralejo & he got stopped by Police a few days ago.

Are there any feretarias open for new boilers?

Any suggestions welcomed.
Thanks
Min
1 user says Thank You to OMR + MIN for this post
Reply Quote
Forgot to say we are Old & have health problems.
1 user says Thank You to OMR + MIN for this post
Reply Quote
This is a FB page for an English plumber in Caleta.  May be worthwhile messaging him to see if it can be done and if he can do it bearing in mind the distance he would have to travel to Corralejo.  He may know someone in your area. I was told last week that some plubers merchants are open for getting emergency items like boilers. One in El Matorral Foncal are open. Sorry don't know anything around Corralejo.

https://www.facebook.com/brian.simons.7165

Do you speak Spanish? I ask because maybe you could ask on this FB page where lots of Spanish trademen advertise. You can ask in English, but the likelhood people will give recommendations in Spanish etc
https://www.facebook.com/groups/745101075583858/
3 users say Thank You to Emmi Smith for this post
Reply Quote
(31-03-2020, 11:40 AM)OMR + MIN Wrote: Does this come under a home emergency.

Definitely!

(31-03-2020, 11:40 AM)OMR + MIN Wrote: Are there any feretarias open for new boilers?

Milestone reported in this thread that Ferreteria Marcial in Corralejo is still open.

28.738140, -13.871448
I Heart Fuerteventura
3 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
(31-03-2020, 11:43 AM)OMR + MIN Wrote: Forgot to say we are Old & have health problems.

In that case, a phone call could be a better solution. Stay home and ask them to deliver and fit or at least give you a number of plumber who can pick the heater up and fit it for you.

Ferreteria Marcial - 0034 928 53 54 97
I Heart Fuerteventura
2 users say Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Try your insurer. Ours covers minor jobs around the house, plus emergency repairs. They fixed a water leak for us.
3 users say Thank You to Archer for this post
Reply Quote
I'm not sure whether Marcial is still open Sam with the new guidelines issued over the weekend. I sincerely hope so. They were shutting at 3.00pm and open Mon to Fri, I'll check in the morning and report back.
2 users say Thank You to milestone11 for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks Sam & everyone else.

I phoned Marcial, very helpful with some good english. Told me he had 2 boilers, I chose 1 & said they would deliver today for €15. They could not help me with a plummer though. Arrived very quickly.
I asked one of my near neighbours if she new of a plumber locally. Yes! phoned him for me & he came up about 5 pm today, new boiler all fitted & fixed in an hour. Very good workman & a very reasonable price too! Smile 

There are so many very kind, nice people around aren't there? So warming to know in the crisis  Heart Heart
8 users say Thank You to OMR + MIN for this post
Reply Quote
That's great news OMR - so pleased for you xx
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
(31-03-2020, 10:36 PM)OMR + MIN Wrote: Thanks Sam & everyone else.

I phoned Marcial, very helpful with some good english. Told me he had 2 boilers, I chose 1 & said they would deliver today for €15. They could not help me with a plummer though. Arrived very quickly.
I asked one of my near neighbours if she new of a plumber locally. Yes! phoned him for me & he came up about 5 pm today, new boiler all fitted & fixed in an hour. Very good workman & a very reasonable price too! Smile 

There are so many very kind, nice people around aren't there? So warming to know in the crisis  Heart Heart

Pleased that you got sorted out simply OMR. I can confirm Marcial's opening times remain the same, 9.00 till 15.00 Mon to Fri.
Perhaps you could post your plumber's name and telephone number OMR, I know that few are working.
3 users say Thank You to milestone11 for this post
Reply Quote