This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
caaf water bills suppliers

Water suppliers: CAAF & bills?
Can anyone tell me what the billing situation with CAAF for water supply is? We've been told they will just debit Money without sending any bills. This means we have no idea what consumption is, or when the bills will happen, or what the amount will be? This seems kind of insane to me.

Are there alternatives? Are they still the best to use despite this system? Can you switch to Aguas De Antigua, or is there an online option available where you can see bills? Would appreciate any info or experience anyone has.

Property is in Triqui if that matters!
2 users say Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
No idea about switching but we took print of bank account entry (there was a doc symbol next to it on our bank statement) and our deeds into the main caaf office in Puerto and asked for bills to be sent. They have done so ever since, every 2 months, although sometimes 6 months late! 🤣 I asked about online and they laughed 🤷
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
I went to Puerto. Asked about online, like Tamara, they laughed. Think it made their day. Asked about getting bills in the post, they shrugged and shook heads - we don't do them.

Tom.
2 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Thank you both for sharing your experiences. This is just beyond bizarre to me.

Am I the only one who thinks this is nuts? A company that don't do bills?! We just take whatever Money we feel like whenever we feel like it? I am going to inquire about switching to a different supplier when I get a chance, because I have no idea what pricing is like and without a bill, I have nothing to compare it to! This is all absolute lunacy to me. Rolleyes

Every other company (electric, Aguas Antigua, etc.) seem to manage sending bills fine and many have online options, so it's not like this is an island-wide or industry-wide issue or attitude.
1 user says Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote
(06-03-2024, 11:15 PM)Ducks Wrote: Thank you both for sharing your experiences. This is just beyond bizarre to me.

Am I the only one who thinks this is nuts? A company that don't do bills?! We just take whatever money we feel like whenever we feel like it? I am going to inquire about switching to a different supplier when I get a chance, because I have no idea what pricing is like and without a bill, I have nothing to compare it to! This is all absolute lunacy to me.  Rolleyes

Every other company (electric, Aguas Antigua, etc.) seem to manage sending bills fine and many have online options, so it's not like this is an island-wide or industry-wide issue or attitude.

I think it depends where you live as to whether you can switch, we are on Fuerteventura Golf and our water is supplied by Anjoca who after I requested it when we first bought email me an invoice every 2 months. I have an idea of how much my invoice is going to be as I read my water meter every month, a hang over from my work days.
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
2 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
[quote='Ducks' pid='36267' dateline='1709766904']

"Every other company (electric, Aguas Antigua, etc.) seems to manage to send bills fine"

Not so sure about that, We are with Aquas Antigua, and yes, we get bills, normally, 10/12 days after the Money has left our bank, and on at least one occasion a year we will not get a bill and then 2/3 arrive together last year it was Oct, Nov and December arrived early January.
Their office is on the Triqui road, pop in and ask
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
2 users say Thank You to Johnrgby for this post
Reply Quote
(07-03-2024, 10:29 AM)Johnrgby Wrote: Not so sure about that, We are with Aquas Antigua, and yes, we get bills, normally, 10/12 days after the money has left our bank, and on at least one occasion a year we will not get a bill and then 2/3 arrive together last year it was Oct, Nov and December arrived early January.

Whose office? I was told CAAF was in Puerto on the North side?
Reply Quote
Not so sure about that, We are with Aquas Antigua, and yes, we get bills, normally, 10/12 days after the Money has left our bank, and on at least one occasion a year we will not get a bill and then 2/3 arrive together last year it was Oct, Nov and December arrived early January.
To me drinking responsibly means do not spill it.
Reply Quote
Ever since we bought in 2018 we pay by direct debit and the bill arrives regularly by email the same day.

Unlike our electricity which is also direct debit (bi-monthly) and bill takes at least 2 weeks to arrive by post.
1 user says Thank You to jimbews for this post
Reply Quote
(12-03-2024, 10:15 AM)jimbews Wrote: Ever since we bought in 2018 we pay by direct debit and the bill arrives regularly by email the same day.

Unlike our electricity which is also direct debit (bi-monthly) and bill takes at least 2 weeks to arrive by post.

With which suppliers is this?
1 user says Thank You to Ducks for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No water - it's time CAAF fired someone! Archer 227 47,219 03-04-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: el caballo hambriento
  Warning! E Coli in CAAF water Emmi Smith 2 4,620 11-07-2020, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Lexeus