This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
access internet

internet access
Looking at coming over in a few weeks and will have my laptop with me. If I do a little bit of work whilst there I can stay longer.
However from past experiences the wifi in certain places is a bit hit and miss. Is there something I can buy there that I can use for
about 3 weeks that will give me a decent wifi conection? Also where can I get it from? thanks.
2 users say Thank You to Si Tie for this post
Reply Quote
You could buy a MiFi and get a local SIM.

Vodafone Spain no longer offers their tourist SIM . That used to be an easy option.

Do you have roaming on your phone? If you do with enough data turn on the hotspot. That basically turns your phone into a MiFi.
3 users say Thank You to Will for this post
Reply Quote
Depending on where you will be located on the island, fibre is now available in many parts and cafes and bars are installing it to attract customers.   In addition 'co-working spacex' are opening up - we have had two start up in Cotillo in the last 18 months.  

Specify where you will be staying and you might get more recommendations. 

Also, look at Digimobil.es as they offer a dara only SIM for (I think) 20e for 40Mb. 

Tom.
3 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
I will be in Corralejo and Caleta. Thanks for the tips
2 users say Thank You to Si Tie for this post
Reply Quote
You will find excellent Internet access in many cafés bars etc, as both Corralejo and Caleta are full fibre. There are co-working places in Corralejo, but I'm not familiar with the situation in Caleta (hopefully others will post info).

Good luck.

Tom.
2 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
(14-08-2023, 08:47 PM)Cotillo_Tom Wrote: You will find excellent Internet access in many cafés bars etc, as both Corralejo and Caleta are full fibre.  There are co-working places in Corralejo, but I'm not familiar with the situation in Caleta (hopefully  others will post info).

Good luck.  

Tom.

In Caleta plenty of cafes and bars with good wifi, as to co-working / hot desks I am not sure as they are not something I have needed to use.
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
2 users say Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
Digimobil.es/movil offer a Digi Combo sim card which offers 2000 minutes of national and international calls a month together with 100GB of data for 20 Euros a month. Any unused data rolls over to the following month on a minimum payment of 5 Euros.

Using our phone as a hotspot, we use this for our home wifi in El Cotillo and it's brilliant. We watch plenty of Football via the firestick, UK TV and some films and 100GB is as much as we need. No contract is signed as it is PAYG and can be left for months unused, before being immediately reactivated on a future month's payment.

In our experience, often more reliable in El Cotillo than hard wired broadband connections too!

If only Digi looked after the water supply!
6 users say Thank You to Grampiangranny for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Starlink internet Bill 7 466 31-03-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: Bill
  Internet provider, not fibre. Cotillo_Tom 2 655 12-11-2023, 09:41 AM
Last Post: Grampiangranny
  Triquivijate internet options? Ducks 3 1,618 29-12-2022, 01:32 PM
Last Post: windermeregolfer
  The old chestnut of internet supplier TrickyFox 7 4,077 03-03-2022, 07:54 AM
Last Post: windermeregolfer