This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
black roller blind 180cm wide

180cm wide black out roller blind
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a black out type roller blind for our bedroom (hence the need to black out) that is, at least 180cm wide. 

My usual port of call would be Ikea or Ideal, but 140cm wide is the maximum they sell.

Ideas and suggestions very welcome please. 

TIA

Tom.
2 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
(31-05-2020, 05:25 PM)Cotillo_Tom Wrote: Hi,

I'm looking to buy a black out type roller blind for our bedroom (hence the need to black out) that is, at least 180cm wide. 

My usual port of call would be Ikea or Ideal, but 140cm wide is the maximum they sell.

Ideas and suggestions very welcome please. 

TIA

Tom.

Decolar in Puerto make them to measure Tom. They have a good website.
Edit.
Website appears to be down or under maintenance Tom, phone number, 928-532885
3 users say Thank You to milestone11 for this post
Reply Quote
Ikea use to do blockout blinds up to 2 metres wide which could also be cut to size...I think they were called Tupplur.
We have them all over our house and they are excellent for blocking light. I’ve just looked at their web site though and can’t see them now, but it might be worth a try in their store if it’s open.
3 users say Thank You to Decho for this post
Reply Quote
Ikea Fuerte has a limited selection of items.
I found that the Ikea GC and Tenereif have a much better selection.

Saying that... I needed some to block out the late afternoon glare from our Office/Living room.
I ended up going for 2x HOPPVALS cellular blind per window, mounting them so that the 5mm gap is directly in line with window frame. (these ones https://www.islas.ikea.es/fuerteventura/...&id_src=16)

They have a specific "Room Darkening" model, but the color wouldnt have fit our theme.
The ones I have are not 100% blackout, but they are fairly good for the price.
If you want some pics of them with direct sun light I can try to take some photos this afternoon.
The Local Friendly Tech and Media Guy << Link
Security Cameras, Smart Home Stuffs, Internet Thingies and Video Production Services
2 users say Thank You to McAdam for this post
Reply Quote
Unfortunately we dont have a frame around the middle of the window, so the 5cm gap would not work for us (our bedroom window gets full beam from the Cotillo lighthouse!!).  However,  thanks for the advice. 

Will be visiting Decalor soon. 

Tom.
2 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Just to bring this one to a close;

Decalor: good range. Bit pricey. 

Ideal: limited range but great prices. 

Tom.
3 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
Thanks for the update Tom. Does Ideal do bespoke blinds too or just selection of sizes?
I Heart Fuerteventura
1 user says Thank You to Sam for this post
Reply Quote
Hi Sam,

Set sizes only, so whereas I would have ordered a 1.8m wide bespoke blind the Ideal offered a 2m wide, which we are happy with as the 100mm overlap either side of the window does prevent light spill. 

Tom.
4 users say Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
My black out blinds from Ideal have been great.
3 users say Thank You to el caballo hambriento for this post
Reply Quote