This Fuerteventura forum uses cookies
This Fuerteventura forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this Fuerteventura forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this Fuerteventura forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.
Hi guest and welcome to the Fuerteventura forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[-]
Tags
kings january parade 2019

3 Kings Parade - 5th January 2019
The Three King's Parades, in Caleta de Fuste and Antigua will start at 5.30pm on Saturday January 5th.

The parade in Caleta will start at the harbour and go along to the plaza.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

5 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
Can anyone give information about the Corralajo parade please?

TIA

Tom.
1 user says Thank You to Cotillo_Tom for this post
Reply Quote
I haven't seen their poster yet.
1 user says Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
The Tindaya parade might start at 5pm, or 5.30pm or 6pm...… depends on when the camels arrive on their walk over from the finca! This year it is due to start at the bottom of Calle Virgen de la Caridad (by the turning off to the windmill) and will proceed up that road and through the main part of the village past the church.

Edit 30th Dec:
The above was the info published by La Oliva Ayuntamiento. Today I saw a poster solely for Tindaya which stated the starting point was at the crossroad of C/de los Reyes and C/Agave, a totally different part of the village, at 5pm.
Living my dream
2 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote
The King's Parade in Betancuria starts at 5pm

2 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
The King's parade in Puerto del Rosario at 5.30pm at the harbour and goes up to the giant Belen, south of the bus station:

2 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
The Three King's Parades in La Oliva:

In Corralejo they arrive by boat at 11.45, and the parade starts from Las Palmeras at 18.00.

3 users say Thank You to Captain Sensible for this post
Reply Quote
(28-12-2018, 04:29 PM)Captain Sensible Wrote: The King's Parade in Betancuria starts at 5pm

That would be nice but I don't fancy the drive back to Caleta in the dark Sad Sad
John T - Dreaming of A Hole In One  Smile
1 user says Thank You to windermeregolfer for this post
Reply Quote
(28-12-2018, 04:40 PM)Captain Sensible Wrote: The Three King's Parades in La Oliva:

In Corralejo they arrive by boat at 11.45...

Sounds interesting. Huh
I Heart Fuerteventura
Reply Quote
(28-12-2018, 12:21 AM)TamaraEnLaPlaya Wrote: The Tindaya parade might start at 5pm, or 5.30pm or 6pm...… depends on when the camels arrive on their walk over from the finca! This year it is due to start at the bottom of Calle Virgen de la Caridad (by the turning off to the windmill) and will proceed up that road and through the main part of the village past the church.

Edit 30th Dec:
The above was the info published by La Oliva Ayuntamiento. Today I saw a poster solely for Tindaya which stated the starting point was at the crossroad of C/de los Reyes and C/Agave, a totally different part of the village, at 5pm.

Well, half the village were waiting at one place and half at the other Big Grin . They actually started promptly from Reyes/Agave.
The camels arrived in an open top container on a lorry. The container was lifted down to the ground and the camels stepped out! The Kings were having a last cigarette and discussion while this happened - I got the feeling none of them had ever ridden a camel before! Nikes and Adidas were the camel riding footwear of choice Wink . The saddles were the normal beach rides ones with the metal seats either side of the hump. Accompanied by Policia Local, an ambulance, a float of elves and a number of Disney characters the procession proceeded without incident (apart from donations from the camels designed to improve the roses!). It culminated at the plaza where the children had enjoyed various activities over the last couple of days:

Friday - the children had a snack with Micky and Minnie at 5pm and the adults had musical performances at 8pm (still going when I went to bed around 1am).
Saturday - 12 noon children's party with bouncy castle and balloons, Christmas lunch with karaoke at 2pm (?!), 5pm Kings parade, 7pm clowns, Reyes concert at 8pm.

A full agenda for a village.

[Image: qnwcGZU.jpg] [Image: uG7lU4E.jpg]

[Image: usOBnNp.jpg] [Image: XajWS3i.jpg] [Image: Lgwd5CU.jpg]
Living my dream
5 users say Thank You to TamaraEnLaPlaya for this post
Reply Quote

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Concert on January 3rd with Rachmaninov and Tcha TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 297 14-12-2023, 07:21 PM
Last Post: TamaraEnLaPlaya
  La Oliva municipality Three Kings TamaraEnLaPlaya 0 1,027 03-01-2022, 08:30 PM
  3 Kings parades 2021 TamaraEnLaPlaya 3 2,119 04-01-2021, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Captain Sensible
  Christmas and 3 Kings events in Caleta de Fuste and Antigua Captain Sensible 1 2,191 18-12-2020, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Captain Sensible
  Other 3 King's Parades on 5 January Captain Sensible 1 2,949 05-01-2020, 11:54 PM